20 years old and 56 pounds to lose...just starting my big goal! Who's with me?

Options
Hello, mfp world!

I'm a 20-year-old female musician. I come from a very overweight family, and although I was rocking a 164lbs weight my senior year of high school, two years of college and a year of mixed weight-packing medicines has left me at my heaviest. At 206 pounds, folks around me gasp and disagree when I refer to myself as "obese", but I know that I can significantly reduce my size and increase my health, even if it does only mean two pant sizes.

56 pounds is a fairly large weight loss goal, and it doesn't help that I can't run a mile and I have the world's worst sweet tooth! This isn't going to be easy!

Who else out there is in this place? I can't be the only one. Strength in numbers, right? We'll hit it together!

Replies

• LoveTilWeOD
    Options
    I am in a similar situation. Also 20 and most of my family is overweight. People would also disagree when I say I'm obese, but of course those are my friends. Would love to be of support
  • ArizonaWarriorOne
    Options
    Let's do this.
  • Mutini
    Mutini Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    210 was my highest weight so I get you!! We have a similar goal weight too, we can do this :D
  • BiggyFuzz
    BiggyFuzz Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I'm down!!!
  • olga_28
    olga_28 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm 195lbs I want to be around 140lbs....so let's do this..
  • Kendrick210
    Options
    I with u. Need to lose 40lbs. From 190 to 150. Im down to 182.4 with 2weeks
  • olga_28
    olga_28 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    What you guys doing to loose the weight?..........for me I'm trying the 3 day diet plan you loose about 10lbs..+...I'm doing insanity and today is my day 3 for that..and my day 3 last day for the diet plan....I'll be updating tomorrow if I did loose 10lbs
  • Batkid330
    Options
    I'm with you! Been at this for about 5 weeks and I went from 226.6 to 214.4 as of today. I have about 55 more pounds to lose, goal weight is 160. You can do this, just stay motivated and use all the tools MFP has to offer. Good luck!
  • nikithakrishnan94
    Options
    Hey! Even I'm here with you :)
    I'm 21 years old. I am currently 156lb and I'm super short. I have to lose around 45lbs.and I just have 4 months left!