fluctuating calorie goals

Options
Hi,

So Im doing Leangains with IF, and on a workout day I take in 2500 cals, on a non workout day I take in 1500. The macros change too.

How do I input this into MFP?

Thanks in advance,

Morgan.

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    just input it and ignore the red numbers - set your goal to your average calorie consumption across the week

use the app to judge your week rather than focusing on a daily basis - this gives you averages and how much under goal you are

MFP doesn't really support IF as well as one might expect
  • beatnikragamuffin
    beatnikragamuffin Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I tend to change my calorie intake on rest days/workout days in the goals section on the app. It's a bit of a pain doing it tbh but I like to know I'm hitting my daily targets.

It would be good to be able to program in rest day calorie targets in advance.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    you could set your goal to 1500 and add the extra 1000 as workout calories? its not perfect but it would work

if it is the actual percentages for your macros changing then there isnt really a way to account for that besides just manually changing your goals each day. If it is just the grams increasing proportionately to your calorie increase then you are good to go
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    You could also add or subtract the 1000 calories using a food entry you create. You could set your goal to 2500 then on the 1500 calorie days just add your 1000 calorie entry to remove those calories from your daily allowance.