Any snack ideas?

Options
brandi2258
brandi2258 Posts: 46 Member
I'm trying to come up with some better ideas for snacks...I have been eating crackers, yogurts, and mixed nuts. Just trying to come up with some different ideas.

Replies

• BuceesNana
    BuceesNana Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I eat plain unsalted almonds and the occassional protein bar.
  • sd644
    sd644 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    hartley's low calorie jelly - only 9 calories quite good when you want something sweet.
  • cloud92222
    cloud92222 Posts: 19
    Options
    Baby carrots are great. Few calories (35 or so a serving) and the crunch makes them almost as good as chips :)
  • begonia813
    begonia813 Posts: 12
    Options
    pick one from here: part-skim mozz cheese (1.5 oz), guacamole (2 oz), salsa (however much you want), dark chocolate (1 square), ham, turkey, or roast beef (4 slices), low-fat cottage cheese (3/4 cup), peanut butter (1 tbsp), hummus (1/4 cup), tuna, in water (1/2 can)

and one from here: apple slices (1 medium), baby carrots (as many as you want), whole wheat crackers (5), black bean chips (10), pear slices (1 medium), pretzels (1 oz), whole wheat pita (1 medium), celery sticks (as many as you want)

it should add up to around 100 calories per snack! :)
  • kraftkm
    kraftkm Posts: 2
    Options
    I have recently found the best snack food. They are Kelloggs Special K Cracker Chips made with Sea Salt. You can eat 30 of them and it is only 110 calories and it has less sodium because they are made with sea salt!

I know you said you have been eating crackers and so on but because you can eat 30 of them it is more filling than say another cracker or chip where you can only eat 10-20.

I buy mine at Costco so they aren't expensive either!
  • drea265
    drea265 Posts: 1
    Options
    I usually find that i need to snack between 2-3 at work. I usually bring an apple with me and cut it up into slice and dip it in either peanut butter. I also eat rice crackers with almond butter as a snack. Hope this helps
  • DonnaLFitz
    DonnaLFitz Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    True North Almond Pecan Cashew Clusters -- tastes like a candy bar, but much healthier and very easy to pack and take on the run.
  • suzksell
    suzksell Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite snacks is a couple of tablespoons of hummus with cucumber slices. OR...since summer is coming, LARGELY diced tomatoes, cucumber slices, and red wine vinegar...TOO good and very low cal.
  • Dnsnyder
    Dnsnyder Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Sliced cucumber with a sprinkle or pepper or other desired seasoning makes a great snack! Low-fat cottage cheese with fresh cut fruit or a sliced apple with PB2 (or regular peanut butter if you have enough calories/fat allowance) are also good options. Cut up vegetables (celery, broccoli, califlower, carrots, etc.) with hummus.
  • Thorneapple
    Thorneapple Posts: 154
    Options
    My typical snacks:

dried appricots with plain whole almonds
    TLC granola bars
    raw veggies and hummus
    Fresh fruit
    Hard boiled egg
  • l3ugjuice
    l3ugjuice Posts: 233
    Options
    I'm addicted to mini Clif bars and slim fast double dutch chocolate snack bars...
  • Survivor1997
    Survivor1997 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Celery stalks with Laughing Cow or home made yogurt cheese. I usually add chives, onion and garlic powder to flavor the cheese.
  • LeahBeah12
    LeahBeah12 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Some of my faves are: hard boiled eggs (65 cals), light string cheese (60 cal), cottage cheese (80 cal and tons of protein), Kashi TLC Almond Mocha granola bars (130 cals and really filling plus give you that chocolate fix), 100 calorie bags of popcorn (you feel like you are eating a ton), Dannon Greek Vanilla Yogurt (greek yogurt has a TON of protein, just make sure you get the flavored kind, not the plain, it's nasty), I usually mix some granola in with the yogurt that gives it a nice crunch, Skinny Cow Truffle ice cream bars (100 cals), Reduced Fat Wheat Thins with hummus (190 cals if you stick to the portion sizes), and 100 cal packs of chocolate covered pretzels.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    my go to snacks are veggies with hummus and fruit with cottage cheese.
  • SLaw4215
    SLaw4215 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite snacks is fresh cut pineapple! I also really like Kellog's Special K Cracker Chips (Sour Cream & Onion - 27 chips for 110 calories OR Sea Salt - 30 chips for 110 calories) with or without Hummus singles (150 calories); Laughing Cow cheese (1 wedges - 35 calories) to spread on celery or crackers; Sensible Portions Cinnamon Apple Straws - 38 straws per serving for 130 calories; and Chocolate or Fruity Cheerios (3/4 cup dry is 100 calories); frozen Go-Gurt :flowerforyou:
  • xlpavenged7x
    Options
    Hey!! For my between breakfast and lunch snack I eat baby tomatoes and carrots and 15 natural almonds and for after lunch before dinner I eat Greek yogurt mixed with whey protein and today I added in a half a cup of peaches and put it in the freezer so it's like ice cream when it comes out! (:
  • xlpavenged7x
    Options
    I'm addicted to mini Clif bars and slim fast double dutch chocolate snack bars...
    Yes those both are so addicting, I took them out of my house yesterday....I couldn't help but want to eat them all... So I can't have them ):
  • l3ugjuice
    l3ugjuice Posts: 233
    Options
    Haha, I hear ya!

I keep them in my desk drawer. I've been pretty good at restraint, but boy do I sure look forward to 3pm and my daily mid afternoon work snack!
  • brandi2258
    brandi2258 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for everyones suggestions!! I'm excited to try these! I just wonder about the Hummus. Doesn't look that great, but I will give it a try. Do you guys eat that plain or flavored? And you use it as a dip correct?

I really appreciate all the help!!
  • osucristina
    osucristina Posts: 197
    Options
    As far as hummus goes- I love red pepper, black bean or I found a jalapeno cilantro one at Whole Foods once. They are the best. You can use it as a dip or a spread on a sandwich. it's really good heated too!