stuck at a plateau and can't get under 200 pounds. I keep getting stuck at 200 to 204

Options
Stuck

Replies

• TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Stats? Height, weight, goal weight? How long have you been "stuck"? Can you open your diary?
  • Comarie82
    Comarie82 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I did.
  • dusjujr
    dusjujr Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    how long have you been stuck?
  • Comarie82
    Options
    About a month.
  • FaylinaMeir
    FaylinaMeir Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    okay so I don't see any food actually entered except the past couple days. I can tell you this plateaus suck and if you're only eating 1300 calories and you're stuck. I suggest going up to 1800 for 1 maybe 2 weeks and THEN going back down to 1300. I don't have all the time to explain why this works but google it. You'll see why.

Good luck to you. I've been stuck for awhile and this method is working for me now.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Comarie82 wrote: »
    I did.

Well you aren't actually logging anything, so that would be my first step. If you're not logging, you have no way to know what you're eating, so how can you expect to lose weight?
  • Comarie82
    Options
    I don't log here but it's pretty much the same. I'll try the change in calorie intake. I'm trying to hit macros but sometimes that's hard. I'll tweak it then see what happens.
  • Comarie82
    Options
    I need to measure again and see where I stand with those numbers. I think I may be gaining muscle but I want this weight to drop.
  • dusjujr
    Options
    About a month.
    It took me about a month nov.16- dec.23 before I started to get out of that damn plateau. Then to start the new year 3 lbs and then at the end of January 10 lbs. just keep plugging away and logging your food.. it will happen and you will get out of that damn plateau. Plateau could just be water weight

• Comarie82
    Options
    Hopefully that's what it is. But half my body is fat, ugh. So I still have a lot of work to do. I'll see where I am next week after I log my food consistently. I think that's where my problem lies.
  • dusjujr
    Options
    Hopefully that's what it is. But half my body is fat, ugh. So I still have a lot of work to do. I'll see where I am next week after I log my food consistently. I think that's where my problem lies.
    Being consistent with logging your food is the key
  • dar4765
    dar4765 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Not sure where you are when it comes to exercise, but personally I've found changing up my exercise routine helped me through a couple of plateaus. Going from walking to jogging was a real game changer for me. My body shape actually changed!! Now don't get me wrong, people walk faster then I jog, but I think it's about utilizing different muscles? Upping my heart rate to change my burn? but I'm no expert. I found that Interval training was also something I could wrap my brain. Any cardio (push to out of breath for 30 seconds, go slow or normal for 1 or 2 min) will work and for 30 min straight, I was so busy watching my clock that 30 mins would fly by! Anyway, just what helped me. Good luck on your journey!
  • Comarie82
    Options
    I'll try changing my routine also. Thanks you guys!
  • trishalackin
    trishalackin Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Logging food accurately is really important. You can be eating a low number of calories, but if sugar intake and sodium are high, they can be contributing to not losing.
    For myself, I don't eat back calories I burn. So, if my goal is to eat 1300, and I burn 400, I still only eat 1300, not 1700. This helps me a great deal, especially during plateaus.
    Switching up cardio and strength exercises can be helpful, too. Try not to do the same exercises 2 days in a row, and try to at least work out 4 times a week (making sure to give yourself at least 1 day a week where your body can rest and repair/build muscle). Best of luck!
  • Comarie82
    Options
    thank you! will definitely take heed to this information!
  • MeganFlanagan16
    MeganFlanagan16 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I've been stuck between those two weights as well. Definitely frustrating.
  • Comarie82
    Options
    yes it !