Looking for friends, motivation, support, laughter

Options
I'm a big lurker on the boards and I'd love to finally make some friends on here. I am totally committed to my lifestyle change but every once in a while I find myself drifting and feeling lazy. I'd love to find some people to kick my butt in gear, give virtual high fives, and make me laugh about the silly things. I've got about 100 lbs more to lose, maybe less depending on how things go (and how I feel about it), with about 20 lbs lost so far. I'm a mom of three girls (14, 4, and 2, no wonder I'm going gray so fast!), work part time, and married to the love of my life (it totally helps he's a hot firefighter lol). Oh and I'm a total geek at heart and artist. Our house is full of all things TARDIS, sith, HP, and more. One of these days I'm totally going to turn my entertainment center into a blue phone booth. So anyway, please feel free to friend me! I promise I'm not (that) weird! :D

Replies

• arp0703
    arp0703 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey, I relate to weird!
    My name is Amy and I'd like to lose about 100lbs myself. I'm new to My Fitness Pal, but so far I really like it. It's so easy to use.
    I'm from Richmond Virginia where I am a nurse. I am married, and have a 16yr old son.

I'd love to be buddies and give each other support
  • schillewis
    schillewis Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Add me too! I've got about 50 to lose. I'm 44, work part time from home and have three kids (18, 14 & 10). My husband and I celebrated our 20th anniversary this summer and I've been on MFP for about a month. Such a supportive environment!
  • Alty63
    Alty63 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello from Cheshire, UK.. Add me to your friends list and hopefully can motivate each other :-) I'm 51, 2 kids 12 and 10 and need some motivation not to snack on kids snacks !!!
    Lost 22lbs since start of December, 50 to go to get to within normal weight :-(
    Michael
  • callywan
    Options
    arp0703 wrote: »
    Hey, I relate to weird!
    My name is Amy and I'd like to lose about 100lbs myself. I'm new to My Fitness Pal, but so far I really like it. It's so easy to use.
    I'm from Richmond Virginia where I am a nurse. I am married, and have a 16yr old son.

I'd love to be buddies and give each other support

Hey! I'm Renée! I'm new to this forum so forgive me if I don't know how to write a reply correctly X)
    @ arp0703 I'm from VA too! My hometown is Chesapeake, though I'm living out of state at school right now.
    @ circle, you can friend me too. I'm trying to get connected to the My Fitness Pal community. :)
  • rebeccawatkins92
    Options
    Hey you can add me if you like. I'm new here too. I'm trying to gain weight which is proving to be very difficult, but I'm always interested in meeting new people
  • circae
    circae Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello all you lovelies!! I will have to get on the computer (after I wrestle it away from the hubs) to add you because my phone app is being fickle. I can't post comments on my feed or add anyone for some reason! But I'm so happy to finally come out of my turtle shell and meet some new people! Hope you all are having a great day! We got this!!!
  • xXzerocoolXx
    Options
    Add me. I'll kick your but in gear if you kick mine
  • bettybing1
    bettybing1 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'll add you. I struggle but I'm keeping myself going with honesty and attempting exercise. I'm also a bit of a board lurker but didn't add anyone until recently when all my in-the-flesh friends kinda disappeared from MFP.
  • prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Hi Im Vada Im 48 married three kids 24, 20, 19. I need to lose 30 pounds would love more support, friends, motivation and a kick in the butt!!! I love junk food and spin class. Add me
  • lburgett478
    lburgett478 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wow, this is great! So many people have things in common! I have been using the app for about a month and lost 15.5 lbs so far!! I have about 100 more to go...my husband had been dieting a little longer and has lost 42! This app really helps! I am so happy to read everyone's stories.
  • SojournerYouth
    SojournerYouth Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Ooooh, a fellow scifi nerd! Love it! I have only been on MFP for a week, but I love it. I made an appointment with a dietitian because I wanted to get real about my food and eating, and avoid the issues that my extended family have as they get older. I am 38, work in Student Affairs at a university, am single but actively dating and having fun, and love movies, reading, crafting, hiking, talking, and cooking. My exercise of choice is kundalini yoga. I absolutely love it. My issue is that about 3/4 of the way to my goal, I lose motivation and get discouraged. It's like a life pattern for me, for some reason. I really feel like I can make it, but it will be a long haul, as I have about 150 to lose. The diet is working well so far, but I also think that connecting with others would be a good thing. Please do add me :)