High protein low fat foods??

Options
i currently have my goals set to 40% protein 30% fat and 30% carb. If ultimately like to lower the fat to 25% and 35% carb... But I'm maxing out my fats basically at breakfast! One egg contains almost my day's source of fat! So what the heck do I eat?

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    25% of 1200 is 300, divide by 9 is ~33g of fat which I would think is more like 3 eggs.

Chicken breast and other depressing lean foods may help with your objective.
  • Wookinpanub
    Wookinpanub Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    lean sirloin
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Jerky
  • yhealthy2000
    yhealthy2000 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Tilapia is high in protein & low in fat. Chicken breast is good. Turkey meat. Lentils, kidney beans. Nuts. Check this website www.bembu.com
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Egg whites, yogurts, whey shakes with milk or coffee, steak and egg whites, .... tons of stuff.
  • stif9
    stif9 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Chicken, chicken of the sea aka tuna, egg whites, whey protein, protein bars, skim milk and beans. And nuts are high in fat.
  • niecey61
    niecey61 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    yarwell wrote: »
    25% of 1200 is 300, divide by 9 is ~33g of fat which I would think is more like 3 eggs.

Chicken breast and other depressing lean foods may help with your objective.

Ha Ha Ha!!!! yuck I need fat
  • hellers53
    Options
    Egg beaters

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Aaack! Nuts are high in fat. To eat fat-free eggs, eat the whites only.

Protein and fat go together, and the fat makes the protein more portable/palatable. Some fat-soluble vitamins can only be found in animal fats. That's why you will see the recommendation to eat fatty fish like salmon.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Shrimp is my protein go-to.
  • troutrouter
    Options
    Greek yogurt
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Fish
    Skim milk
    97/3 ground beef
    Egg whites
    Skinless chicken breast
    Various protein powders

• RachelYun27
    RachelYun27 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Lean meat
    Jerky
    Egg whites
    Low fat Greek yogurt
    Cottage Cheese
    Protein powder
    Protein bars
    Tofu
    Beans
  • mackardi
    mackardi Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Try mixing 2 egg whites for every full egg with yolk (I love the fricking yolk)...also...quinoa!!! Superfood!!! I just made it for the first time- Mexican style..tastes like tacos!!! Plus you can load it with veggies and it's just a bowl of healthy deliciousness
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Yeah, one whole egg supplemented with egg whites makes a honking huge omelet. Other low fat/low calorie options with lots of protein:

greek yogurt
    kefir
    shrimp
    cottage cheese
    chicken breast
    tofu and other soy meat substitutes
    legumes
    edamame

I just had 4 oz of chicken breast dipped in hummus for lunch. The hummus makes the chicken less dry and sad, and adds even more protein. About 36 g protein in one sitting, and only 270 calories.
  • KickinIt23
    KickinIt23 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    i currently have my goals set to 40% protein 30% fat and 30% carb. If ultimately like to lower the fat to 25% and 35% carb... But I'm maxing out my fats basically at breakfast! One egg contains almost my day's source of fat! So what the heck do I eat?

I would suggest oatmeal with fruit. Also, fruit, fruit, and more fruit!
    Even a few vegetables like baby carrots are good for breakfast.