Where to eat dinner out????

Options
Taking my son to dinner for his 18th b-day but we both want to go some where that will not be too unhealthy or too expensive... any ideas???

Replies

• DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    It's his birthday. Let him choose!

you can always look at the restaurant's nutritional information online once he chooses
  • bonnieboo1
    bonnieboo1 Posts: 3
    Options
    Howdy!
    I suggest picking some places then go online to look at their nutrition. That is what i do and i have found that if i plan what i will order it is a lot easier to not pick something unhealthy because of the impulse.
    Good luck & have fun!
  • DebbieHarryxxx
    Options
    I agree it's his birthday so he should choose!! restaurants usually have healthier options, and you can always alter when you order, eg- no dressing on salad, or less cheese on pizza
    Ordering fish can be a lighter option too!! :) xxx
  • ldon37
    ldon37 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    You could do a seafood place and order grilled fish with steamed veggies. Or, not fancy at all, but Panera lists the calories on the menu for all of their food.
  • happyhappyjoy72
    Options
    Ruby Tuesday, AWESOME salad bar!!!
  • n0pants3ver
    n0pants3ver Posts: 175
    Options
    Noodles & Company!
  • tambink
    tambink Posts: 349
    Options
    :wink: Applebees they have the 550 menu
  • Buddie616
    Buddie616 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Logans has healthy nut menu, applebees has a low cal menu... really good food!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Applebee's is definitely the easiest but just about any chain restaurant will have their nutritional data online now so you can browse through and make a good choice. My personal fave at the moment is Chili's Margarita Chicken - yummy and low in calories for the whole meal!

Japanese food is pretty good if you guys like that. Just avoid the rolls with tempura or cream cheese and you'll do just fine.
  • ratkins811
    ratkins811 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    thanks for all the great responses. I think your right I need to let him choose. He is watching his eating so he will pick something good. I just over think things. lol
  • Dnsnyder
    Dnsnyder Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Ruby Tuesday, AWESOME salad bar!!!

I concur! I love Ruby Tuesday's salad bar. Also, the Creole Catch with two veggies (broccoli, spaghetti squash, fresh grilled zuchinni, green beans) is a great option there!
  • pittielover23
    pittielover23 Posts: 268
    Options
    The best bet is to look at the nutrition info for the restaraunt you choose online. Most will have some good healthy options, or at least options that you can play with and make healtier. So, let him pick and then do some research :)
  • pixietoes
    pixietoes Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    Without knowing your particular dietary restrictions I'll just go ahead and say that unless you're a vegan, you can almost certainly find something to eat at virtually any restaurant. I do. However, if you choose a restaurant or a style of food and let us know what your eating guidelines are, we could help you out with decision making. The suggestion for scoping out menus online is a good one in my opinion, forewarned is forearmed.
  • ubabe1
    ubabe1 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    If one has to choose a day to splurge...let it be on your birthday!!! On my birthday I went to Red Robin!! I did eat light most of the day so I could use my calories for a burger!! Went over, but what the hey its once a year!!!! Enjoy!!!!