So, who else knows they shouldn't weigh everyday but still does? I do! Lol!

Options

Replies

• mllett
    mllett Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Gotta do what works best for u! Good luck on your weight loss!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Who says you shouldn't? Unless you let the numbers get to you, there's no reason not to. I find it very educational - fascinates me to see the daily fluctuations.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Since I do have fluctuations everyday, I do weigh each day, same time, same way, same place. I have been using them to do weekly averages to see the trend of my loss. I do NOT log each days weight. That would be one crazy graph.
  • eb0868
    eb0868 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    i do it everyday to keep myself motivated early in the morning. whether i gained or lose, it keeps me on track to keep going :)
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to figure out my tdee right now. I have to weigh myself every day, otherwise not sure how I would accomplish this.

Other than that, I like weighing myself every day to keep myself on track and make sure I don't gain or lose weight.
  • dwarfiegodsmack
    dwarfiegodsmack Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    i weigh every day and log it. i like to see the ups and downs on my graph
  • mllett
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I wasn't trying to say, you shouldn't weigh everyday. I was trying to say, I shouldn't weigh everyday bc I get frustrated when the scales don't go the way I want them to. But, I still do it everyday! Lol!
    Hornsby wrote: »
    I weigh myself every time I am in the bathroom.

If you track your dump weights, I think you have a problem ;)
    That's pretty funny, right there! @Hornsby‌
  • kaylacarol1989
    kaylacarol1989 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm guilty of this, i'll get reall encouraged one day, and totally discouraged the next! lol so i do ti again for encouragment or more discouragment the next day! LOl danm scale
  • Mech9
    Mech9 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I like to weigh every day or else I feel lost with no direction for the day. Weighing myself in the morning is a very concrete start to my weight loss on a daily basis. It reminds me, "hey, today we're gonna work toward making this number go down."

If the number goes up, it reminds me to drink more water and eat less sodium! :P
  • S_Evanson613
    S_Evanson613 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I weight myself at least every other day :neutral_face: not necessarily proud of it, but I get too curious. I also do get discouraged when it goes up instead of down, but I just keep telling myself that the next day it could have the same change -- but the other way!
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Mech9 wrote: »
    I like to weigh every day or else I feel lost with no direction for the day. Weighing myself in the morning is a very concrete start to my weight loss on a daily basis. It reminds me, "hey, today we're gonna work toward making this number go down."

If the number goes up, it reminds me to drink more water and eat less sodium! :P

Absolutely. It tells me when to eat more or less. I wouldn't miss it!!

• mllett
    Options
    Haha! @kaylacarol1989‌, I know what u mean. It's pretty discouraging when I feel like i m starving myself, only to step on the scales and it not move. Even though I know I m gonna fluctuate from day to day, I want them numbers to go down!! I try to only count Friday as my official weigh day. ☺
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day. Nothing wrong with it as long as you don't let yourself get frustrated with the occasional weigh fluctuations.
  • annas987
    annas987 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I do unless I ate really bad the day before and don't want to know lol.
  • mllett
    Options
    Lol! @annas987‌! Yep, guilty of that, too!
  • Reefboy1980
    Reefboy1980 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Yeo but I'm getting better at guessing now although I guess to see how close I am then still measure most of the time lol
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with weighing every day, though you may find it superfluous as you approach your goal weight. The fluctuations will become greater than the weekly loss and 1-2 times per week will be more than sufficient.
  • Russandol
    Russandol Posts: 71 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I weigh myself every day, even though the way I react to it tells me I would be better off not doing it. (I let it determine how I feel about myself. If the number goes down, I'm happy. If it goes up, I shame myself and set an entirely unrealistic calorie goal to make it go down, only to self-sabotage the next day while reasoning I'm a failure. And sometimes (not that often, thankfully) I end up binging or purging out of sheer frustration. I'm not proud of that at all.)

... yes, I should probably stop weighing myself so often. But I keep worrying it'll make me balloon at a catastrophic rate. :(
  • oncem0re
    oncem0re Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Yeo but I'm getting better at guessing now although I guess to see how close I am then still measure most of the time lol

^^ this for me too! I'm getting really good at guessing too! specially even after I eat, I can pretty much predict my weight next morning depending on what I weigh before I sleep... lol! Is that bad?!?!

• 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with weighing daily. I've done it for two years now since starting MFP. I find a good number motivating and a bad number reminds myself to do better. You will also pick up on the causes of your fluctuations sometimes but not always.

I do feel it is beneficial though to chart it daily also. These will be times you need to back out and look at the BIG picture. Lot's of apps available to do this. I use Libra for Android.

x4hfytpjb03r.jpg