The big dirty 30

Options
Hello MFP'ers!

My girlfriend has been in the works of planning this crazy surprise thing for my 30th bday. Apparently it's a two day thing and I have to find a dress that I "feel beautiful in". Uhhh...

...the way I look now, that is NOT happening!

I need to lose about 20 pounds by April 16th, which I think is totally possible (although 14 pounds in that time frame would be "healthier"). So that's where you all come in...I need help! Working out isn't really the issue, it's FOOD that is the issue. I'm such a gluttonous pig now :( When I was at my goal weight, I didn't have issues with food. However I don't know if I was doing it in the healthiest of ways either :-/ Feel free to add me if you would like to help me reach my goal! I don't want to look back at pictures of this special day and hate myself. Thanks ya'll! <3

Replies

• SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    I'm just curious why you're posting this questions in three different forums?
  • jenna_watsonator
    jenna_watsonator Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    BinkyBonk wrote: »

Because not everyone goes through EVERY message board. I'd reach a broader audience by posting in forums that I felt would have people interested in assisting in my goals or adding me as a friend...like motivation and support and introductions. Don't believe it's that strange.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering why you call it "dirty". :huh:
  • jenna_watsonator
    Options

It's an extreeeemely common expression...you know, like "sweet sixteen".
  • ThisGirlWins
    ThisGirlWins Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I like dirty 30 lol
  • jenna_watsonator
    Options
    I like dirty 30 lol

Lol, awesome. I guess 30 is the new 20, right? :smiley:
  • betty5158
    betty5158 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I totally get you honey. I'm a huge foody!! I love food and find any form of restriction/ dieting totally depression. I love excercise though ( which is lucky :-) or I'd be the size of a house!! I like adding spices to food and find it can make even the healthiest of food saticefying and taste ' unrestricted'. Healthy kebabs, currys etc. if you like meat, Iceland do a new exotic meat range and some is low fat/high protein. I've just had kangroo meatballs :-) xx
    Options

Because not everyone goes through EVERY message board. I'd reach a broader audience by posting in forums that I felt would have people interested in assisting in my goals or adding me as a friend...like motivation and support and introductions. Don't believe it's that strange.

9. Do Not Post the Same Topic on Multiple Boards or Groups
    Please choose the most appropriate board or group for your post and post it once. Posting the same message to multiple boards or multiple groups is a form of spam....

Rules for the forums are listed under "Community Guidelines" at the bottom of the page
  • jenna_watsonator
    Options

9. Do Not Post the Same Topic on Multiple Boards or Groups
    Please choose the most appropriate board or group for your post and post it once. Posting the same message to multiple boards or multiple groups is a form of spam....

Rules for the forums are listed under "Community Guidelines" at the bottom of the page

Jeeeeeezus, my bad! *calm down honey*
  • jenna_watsonator
    Options
    betty5158 wrote: »
    I totally get you honey. I'm a huge foody!! I love food and find any form of restriction/ dieting totally depression. I love excercise though ( which is lucky :-) or I'd be the size of a house!! I like adding spices to food and find it can make even the healthiest of food saticefying and taste ' unrestricted'. Healthy kebabs, currys etc. if you like meat, Iceland do a new exotic meat range and some is low fat/high protein. I've just had kangroo meatballs :-) xx

Isn't it?! Ugh, I love food, lol. Thank goodness I love working out too :) I'm actually a vegetarian, but kangaroo meatballs definitely do sound interesting haha. Thought I was a foodie, but that definitely takes the cake in exoticness
    Options
    Wow. Really? You're welcome for informing you of a guideline you may have overlooked so you don't get booted from the forum by the mods for spamming. I'm thinking I'm not the one who needs to *calm down honey*
  • jenna_watsonator
    Options
    Wow. Really? You're welcome for informing you of a guideline you may have overlooked so you don't get booted from the forum by the mods for spamming. I'm thinking I'm not the one who needs to *calm down honey*

Delivery makes a huge difference. You replied with the rule, and then stated that the rest of the community rules were at the bottom. Whether or not you intended it, you came across as the board police/exceptionally sassy. When you asked why, I thought it was a genuine question (albeit still kind of questionable). I think at that point it would have been a great opportunity to let me know about the rule. In response to your second response, had you written something like "Hey! I'm not sure if you know this or not, but posting in different forums can get you booted, and I'd hate for that to happen if you weren't aware. If you want to check out the rest of the rules they are in the community guidelines at the bottom of the page. Good luck with everything!" (because that's what someone who was genuinely trying to help would write), I'd definitely say thank you.

• Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options

It's an extreeeemely common expression...you know, like "sweet sixteen".

Huh... been living my 30's for a few years now and I've never heard such expression... interesting.