Perfect 10 Buddy Club 12.10.08

Options
Morning ladies! Is everyone getting a late start today? It's freezing cold here - couldn't get my car unfrozen fast enough to get to the gym and get back to get myself and my little one ready so I did my Biggest Loser DVD this morning - nothing like waking up to Bob!

My eating is still HORRIBLE, but I told myself that I was going to work on one thing at a time - exercise for two weeks, then the food. So I am still meeting my goals by exercising five days a week, but all the guilt around the food... Why do we give something that is just supposed to keep us alive such power over us?

Well, have a great day everyone - it's HUMP DAY! :happy: :happy: :happy:

Replies

• saryann79
    saryann79 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies! Is everyone getting a late start today? It's freezing cold here - couldn't get my car unfrozen fast enough to get to the gym and get back to get myself and my little one ready so I did my Biggest Loser DVD this morning - nothing like waking up to Bob!

My eating is still HORRIBLE, but I told myself that I was going to work on one thing at a time - exercise for two weeks, then the food. So I am still meeting my goals by exercising five days a week, but all the guilt around the food... Why do we give something that is just supposed to keep us alive such power over us?

Well, have a great day everyone - it's HUMP DAY! :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • gynuwyne
    gynuwyne Posts: 132
    Options
    good morning! I'm proud of you for sticking to the exercising. That will keep you motivated to keep going. Just take baby steps. One thing at a time. Your doing good.

just an idea: when your about to put some food in your mouth, that your eally don't need, ask yourself "how hungry am I?" On a scale of 1-10, 10 being starving.

Ask yourself "how will I feel after I eat it?", if it will make you feel while eating it but miserable afterwards, then it's not worth eating.

Remind yourself of your goals and why your doing this.

Find something else to do instead. Log onto MFP and chat with someone. Read some health articles to refocus your mind. Do a craft, do some house cleaning and burn calories while doing it.

Remember too, that you can always do extra exercise to burn off anything you went over and you can hold back calories the next day too.

Big hugs for you! :heart:
  • kelhun1
    kelhun1 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Well, everyone wish me luck. I have had several requests for my famous carmel corn mix (has mixed nuts, m&ms, bugels, pretzels, ect.) So, I am going to attempt to make it for all my son's teachers and for the 2 parties we are going to this weekend...the trick is not to nibble on the ingredients or the final product! This stuff is like crack, once you start you can never go back!

Other than that I have been doing pretty well this week. My biggest struggle is sleep. :yawn: I know I won't lose weight well if I don't sleep, but I just can't convince my body to go to bed! Any tricks other than sleeping pills---I will never get my son on the bus if I use those!
  • saryann79
    saryann79 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    "Sleep hygiene" is the best medicine for trouble sleeping - the problem is that it is a process and takes some time. If you make a practice of going to bed at the same time every night, getting up at the same time each morning, that will help. It will also help if you don't watch TV or stare at a computer screen for a couple hours before going to bed (the type of light they emit disrupts sleep), or do any strenuous exercise right before bed. Of course, no caffeine or other stimulants close to bedtime. Having a "night time routine" can help you to "wind down," like getting into some warm jammies, reading a book or the paper, writing in a journal, etc. Good luck! Sleep is SOOO important!
  • abs0830
    abs0830 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Keep up the good work with the exercise. I try to think about how much exercise I would have to do to burn off the calories of whatever I'm deciding to eat. I often decide that the food isn't worth the amount of work, however, sometimes I choose to just exercise more. Keep up the good work with exercising...I find that when I exercise I tend to choose better things for me too.

I have a hard time sleeping too. I think developing a night time routine is a great idea. That's actually what I did. I take a partial shower (no hair washing or shaving) before I go to bed and that really helps me relax. There are also some non-caffeinated teas that are good for right before bedtime.

For me for the day......I'm not up as early as the rest of you ladies. I get into work around 8 and then get on here around 9 to chat or whatever. Today's been much later for some reason. Anyway, I got in all 8 glasses of water yesterday, so that's another goal of mine for the day. I'm also going to exercise for at least 45 minutes tonight doing some of my home videos. Oh and I'm craving KFC, so I'm hoping to be able to resist for lunch.
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    just an idea: when your about to put some food in your mouth, that your eally don't need, ask yourself "how hungry am I?" On a scale of 1-10, 10 being starving.

Ask yourself "how will I feel after I eat it?", if it will make you feel while eating it but miserable afterwards, then it's not worth eating.

Remind yourself of your goals and why your doing this.

Find something else to do instead. Log onto MFP and chat with someone. Read some health articles to refocus your mind. Do a craft, do some house cleaning and burn calories while doing it.

Remember too, that you can always do extra exercise to burn off anything you went over and you can hold back calories the next day too.

Big hugs for you! :heart:

I printed that out in big letters and taped it to my refrigerator.

I have the perfect example: Yesterday for lunch I had pasta. Not just a side of pasta, but a LOT. (5 oz, I think) I stayed within my calories very easily, but eating that much at one time just made me absolutely miserable. My stomach hurt for a good 3 hours afterwards. Needless to say, I will not be doing that again!
  • slvrcavchick03
    Options
    Hello, just ran across this. I take forever to fall asleep because my brain just wont shut off. I have started doing Sudoku puzzles in bed before I go to sleep. It seems to help alot with wearing my brain out. I seem to fall asleep as soon as I put it down and shut my eyes. I'm not saying do Sudoku but I would say try to do something that requires thought and wears your brain out. It will help alot.
  • gynuwyne
    Options
    IDEA: would anyone be interested in holding weekly team goals, challenges, games? Ie: x amount of pushup, situps per weeks, no soda for a week, no candy for a week, or anything that you want to challenge the team to.

Each week, a different team member gets to pick a new challenge.

would anyone like to throw a pize into the pot? Maybe the person hosting that weeks challenge would mail a prize to the winner of the challenge. We could set a small dollar amount on it.
    The prize could be whatever the winner wants but not to exceed the dollar amt set by the team or we can make it a suprise.

Give me your feed back and let me know what you think about it.
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All!!

Nice to see you all are doing good. I could not get to the gym this morning. So I will have to go after dinner. I am eating healthy and feeling pretty good about it. My biggest down fall is drinking water. I do while I am working out but not much for the rest of the day.

That will be my goal today, to drink more water.

44118.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Kathy
  • gynuwyne
    Options
    IDEA: would anyone be interested in holding weekly team goals, challenges, games? Ie: x amount of pushup, situps per weeks, no soda for a week, no candy for a week, or anything that you want to challenge the team to.

Each week, a different team member gets to pick a new challenge.

would anyone like to throw a pize into the pot? Maybe the person hosting that weeks challenge would mail a prize to the winner of the challenge. We could set a small dollar amount on it.
    The prize could be whatever the winner wants but not to exceed the dollar amt set by the team or we can make it a suprise.

Give me your feed back and let me know what you think about it.

Where is everyone at today? :cry: Does'nt any one want to play with me?

No for real, I'm sure you all are hard at work, like me, just I'm not working that hard. :wink:

Let me know if anyone wants to do team challenges.

Have a good day!
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options
    Afternoon everybody!

Today has been a good day so far,got my workout in(thirty minutes on the treadmill) . Im also taking baby steps in the food department right now. Just drinking my water and staying as close as I can to my daily intake of cals.

I found these really big 90 calorie sugar free cookies and I almost bought them...i will buy them friday and let you girls know how they taste. You get ten large cookies for 3.50,not to bad.

ok,Great job with the workouts today!

Gynuwyne-the games and challenges sound great...im in!

have a great day everybody!
  • abs0830
    Options
    I think the games and challenges sounds like a great idea. It'll actually help me stick to something for at least a week since it'll motivate me to be good.
  • ranaelynn
    ranaelynn Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Ok Im just going say it and then live with it. I have 'gone off the ranch this week!'

Between work (had a group of FORTY big wigs come in for a tour of the plant), the FOUR social events (One last Sat, one of which I am in charge of planning and hosting TONIGHT, (office holiday party out in town), one tomorrow night (business related) and one Saturday night (neighbor hood holiday party) and my eldest daughter losing her job and talking about getting kicked out of her apartment and having to move back HOME! I have HAD IT. I have come down with yet another cold (which I am sure can be attributed to lack of rest) but my chest is so congested doing a spin class Monday night dang near killed me so I did not go Tuesday - instead went home after work and went straight to bed. I know I know you say - so don't go to the events but other than the Saturday thing they are all work related and it really is important that I attend. And gee the one with my friends on saturday I really dont want to not go to that. So there it is, I'm just going to let myself go off the ranch. Sunday will be my get back to it day, in the mean time I will try not to be to stupid with food and drink as I don't see myself getting back to the gym before sunday.
  • kelhun1
    kelhun1 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    December is a very tough month to lose weight. Too many parties, goodies and guilt. I think I will be thrilled if I just maintain. Hope you feel better Ranae...nothing worse than trying to get in the holiday spirit when all you want to do is crawl in bed.
  • abs0830
    Options
    Wow, you do have a lot going on. Just take it one day at a time. I get in moods too where all I want to do it go to sleep. Those days, I watch what I eat and sleep. Just be mindful of that and you'll be fine with your holiday parties!
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    ):

I work a 12-9 shift today. After the gym I fell asleep and could barely get up before noon to get to work. Argh. I'm so tired.

Two more days. Just two more and I can sleep in and sleep and sleep... and sleep.

This flu is kicking my rear big time. If that's what it is? Anyway, have a doctor's appointment on the 7th so if I'm not sorted out by then she can figure out why I'm doing so poorly despite healthier eating/activity habits.

THIS IS MY THIRD WEEK OF WORKING OUT!!!!
    I honestly thought I'd quit after one but here I am. Just 53 more to go and I'll have a new habit. :wink:

Challenges sound fun.

Ranae - Gone off the ranch! That's such a cute way to put it. But yeah, you'll get right back onto the wagon and be just fine. I read an article once that said how we feel when we eat affects what our body does with the food? I don't understand a lot of it but the gist was people who feel guilty about what they eat pack on more fat from the food then people who don't feel guilty about their food.

I really wish I could remember the article properly but basically I'm saying being indulgent once in a while isn't going to make you fall off the wagon but feeling badly about it might! :happy: