Replies

• cosmogirl530
    Options
    That sounds amazing. Ty. ☺
  • tjhightower11
    tjhightower11 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I use mustard marinate the chicken the baked it
    I cook with chicken often, but I've never been able to find a marinade that I really like. I'd love to get some of your ideas for low calorie marinades, sauces, and seasoning combinations. Bottled marinades that have worked wonderfully for anyone in the past are more than welcome. Thanks!

• caseythomas1815
    Options
    Try a cup of balsamic vinegar and 3 table spoons of brown sugar. Mix together in a small pot, bring to a boil then lower to low setting to simmer for 35 minutes stirring occasionally. Drizzle balsamic glaze over roasted chicken breast, or boneless, skinless thighs. Ciao.
  • kramrn77
    kramrn77 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I love the just bento balsamic chicken
    1tbs balsamic vinegar
    1tbs soy sauce (I use tamari)
    (If I am making a bigger batch I adjust upwards)
    3-4 tbs sesame seeds (I mix black and white sesame seeds because I think it's pretty)
    Marinate chicken in the soy and vinegar. Then coat chicken lightly in sesame seeds and cook in hot pan with a small amount of oil or a cooking spray.
    Also works great on thinly sliced pork chops.
    Serve with rice and what ever salad or veggies you have.
  • AmyJ1211
    AmyJ1211 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    wildtxn wrote: »
    I made one the other day that was amazing I put on some skinless chicken breasts and smoked over mesquite. (let it marinade at least 20 min, but better if you make in advance and just throw it back in the fridge overnight)

1-1/2 cups chopped fresh cilantro (leaves & tender stems)
    3/4 cup canned coconut milk (found in Asian aisle of grocery store)
    12 fresh basil leaves
    1 large or 2 small jalapenos, stem, seeds, & membrane removed
    3 garlic cloves
    2 slices fresh ginger (approx. 1/8" thick)
    1-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt*
    1-1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
    3/4 teaspoons ground coriander
    2 teaspoons packed brown sugar

top it off with some fresh squeezed lime after cooked

I was thinking of using bone-in chicken breasts and "baking" them in the crockpot.

How much chicken is this for? A couple of pounds?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    kens Italian dress + sweet baby rays barbeque sauce..

marinate in Italian dressing
    and then apply bbq sauce prior to grilling.

• chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    From this recipe: realfoodbydad.com/tequila-chicken-quesadillas/
    1/4 cup tequila
    1/4 cup lime juice (about to 2 limes)
    3 tablespoons orange juice
    3 tablespoons canola oil
    1/4 cup cilantro
    3 tablespoons sugar
    1 jalapeno
    1 garlic clove
    1 tablespoon salt
    1 tablespoon freshly ground pepper

Blend it well in food processor or blender.
  • kaylacarol1989
    kaylacarol1989 Posts: 76 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    fresh ginger, garlic, toasted sesame oil, fresh squeezed orange, orange zest, honey, parseley, (salt n pepper to taste or chilli flakes)

Sorry i very seldomly use measurments unless i'm baking, I eye ball everything, my mothers a professional cook, so i've learned how to use judgment over measurments!
  • wildtxn
    wildtxn Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I was thinking of using bone-in chicken breasts and "baking" them in the crockpot.

I used this for about 6 large chicken breast and i'm sure I would have had room to do more but it's not terribly hard to make. I tend to do most of my chicken in a smoker so I will do larger quantities and then vacuum pack and freeze a majority of it for later use. I'm sure you could make it and refrigerate a portion of the marinade for later. I'm honestly not sure how well it would freeze, never tried.
  • AmyJ1211
    AmyJ1211 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks, wildtxn! That gives me a starting point.
  • carolynmo1969
    carolynmo1969 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Quick & easy. 1 part olive oil, 2 parts lime juice. pinch of salt, oregeano. Tastes like souvlaki.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Store-brand Italian Salad dressing. 1.5-2 lbs of Chicken and maybe 1/3 of a bottle of dressing in a big zip bag, then I let it marinate 3-4 days
  • lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    Options

I used this for about 6 large chicken breast and i'm sure I would have had room to do more but it's not terribly hard to make. I tend to do most of my chicken in a smoker so I will do larger quantities and then vacuum pack and freeze a majority of it for later use. I'm sure you could make it and refrigerate a portion of the marinade for later. I'm honestly not sure how well it would freeze, never tried.

You freeze the smoked chicken? I smoke chicken a lot also and never thought of doing that. Thanks!

• Mech9
    Mech9 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    These all sound great! I can't wait to try some...
  • ThinByThanksgiving
    ThinByThanksgiving Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    k0kgmc.jpg

For recipe: http://www.prouditaliancook.com/2012/05/let-grilling-begin.html

Also, I really like 3 parts EVOO to 1 part Kikkoman soy sauce. Let chicken breasts marinade for 5-10 minutes and grill.
  • kramrn77
    Options
    I'm so glad I replied to this thread- lots of great ideas!
  • wildtxn
    wildtxn Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    You freeze the smoked chicken? I smoke chicken a lot also and never thought of doing that. Thanks!
    yup, I use a foodsaver vacuum sealer and it works terrific to portion it out and freeze it. no need to spend tons of time lighting the smoker every time you want something especially if you're like me in super cold environment during winters....I tend to stock up prior to the cold really setting in.
  • kramrn77
    Options
    yup, I use a foodsaver vacuum sealer and it works terrific to portion it out and freeze it. no need to spend tons of time lighting the smoker every time you want something especially if you're like me in super cold environment during winters....I tend to stock up prior to the cold really setting in.

I totally have smoker envy now.
  • chelseavice565
    Options
    Oh wow, so many new ideas! Thank you guys so much! It'll take me some time to try all of them, but these recipes are going to help a lot with staying on track and reaching my goals.
  • lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    Options

Thank you! I have to give it a try!