New Mum looking to lose 80lbs

Options
Hi,
I'm a new mum just embarking on my post pregnancy diet. I've got a big journey ahead of me and finding exercise difficult after surgery (C section) and countless sleepless nights.
Just looking for reassurance that MFP will help me, and that there's fellow people out there with similar weights to lose.
:)

Replies

• danashaharriram
    Options
    Hi I have three kids my last baby will be a year April .I had three c- sections excerise is very difficult for too so I really need your support to reach my goal which is to lose 40 pounds
  • whitetiger30
    whitetiger30 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hiya I've got 3 kids my youngest is 17 weeks he was a emergency c-section which has been a nightmare for me I'm still unable to excise due to pain and I'm just starting to lightly strengthen the muscles in the c- section area I'm looking to loose 110lb in total and would love someone to support and someone too support me :))
  • Melvicmurphy
    Melvicmurphy Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi, I guess I'm similar - got three kids and have waited a while - youngest is 15 months! but I have about 60pounds to lose - sending a request your way. MFP will help I'm sure. Don't worry too much about exercise - you're losing weight to get healthy so there's no point injuring yourself in the process.
  • kaetmarie
    kaetmarie Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    My son is one and I'm just getting back to exercise and better eating. It's definitely harder when you have a small one to manage too, but you can do it! Feel free to add me if you want! Good luck and congrats on the bambino!
  • andreadudley400
    Options
    Hi there,
    So great to know I'm not on my own and that there's support out there. I'm sure we can keep each other's spirits up over the next few months.

Thanks folks. :)
  • Marions_mom
    Marions_mom Posts: 2
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Hey I'm a new mom with my first son and I also had a c section. My recovery was awesome and super fast and my pregnancy I lost about 40lbs. NOW its kicking my butt . The weight is coming back and I'm having a hard time keeping it off. I have always fought with my weight and when I lost the weight I was so proud of myself so to have it come back just is a bummer. I'd be happy to help support and keep each other going.
  • Amilton30
    Amilton30 Posts: 1
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I too am a mom looking to lose my baby weight once and for all! My little girl will be 3 months next Tuesday and I am not even close to fitting in my pre-pregnancy clothes. My oldest is 3, and I lost all of the weight with him, but I am finding it much, much harder the second time around. I have about 30lbs to lose and just don't feel good about myself. I want to feel attractive and like myself again!
  • andreadudley400
    Options
    It's been a great help to befriend folks on here, just reading their daily exercise logs has been enough to spur me on. Even if it's just a walk a day, it's better than nothing - pregnancy takes it out of you, it takes time recover. Particularly if you're an older Mum like me. X
  • danashaharriram
    Options
    What to eat before excerise