Satiety/Hunger

Options
Hi all, I am looking for something to get me through the afternoon with hunger/satiety like a meal replacement. I was considering some type of shake such as slim fast or muscle milk. I reviewed my diary and it looks like I could afford say 200 calories. In the afternoon I start looking for candy, pretzels etc and any other carb like sugary foods and this is defeating me. Suggestions and experiences would be helpful. Please note that I'm not looking to use snacks like nuts or cheeses etc. I need something that doesn't take hardly any preparation and that will be very filling.

Replies

• kathyk519
    kathyk519 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Apple and peanut butter, carrots & hummus, a cup of mixed fruit? None are hard to put together and are easy.
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    100 calorie muscle milk...better than slim fast. I would still have a small piece of dark chocolate with it;)
  • sunforme3
    sunforme3 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have never tried it but many ppl go for beef or turkey jerky, they say it's very filling and helps the salt cravings......

• Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    If satiety is the issue, I don't know if I'd go with a shake. For me, I can have a 500 calorie shake and still want to eat. It's like my body doesn't recognize that I've eaten anything.

Maybe trail mixes? Single serving bags of popcorn? Freeze dried edamame? Peanut butter and crackers? You can buy the prepared packages.
  • Ni_kki
    Ni_kki Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I like Oh Yeah Victory bars.. decent protein, decent fiber, low sugar, and tastes great.
  • JacqueLiveOTB
    JacqueLiveOTB Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Jane, I can suggest a healthy meal replacement free of soy, gluten, stimulants, artificial sweeteners and colours, and made with organic,grass fed, undenatured whey protein. It will absolutely give you the results you are looking for. If you are still looking, let me know.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Shakes are typically less filling than solid food
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I feel more satiated from fat with some protein. So I just eat a spoonful of peanut butter.
  • janewilson575
    janewilson575 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I thank you all for your responses. I will think about it and possibly try em all to see what helps. @farfromthetree‌ - I like to piece of choc and muscle milk suggestion.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    bars and shakes are not a good bet for feeling satisfied, at least not for me.

If you normally reach for pretzels and candy, maybe just tweak a little. Instead of only having a monster bag of pretzels, have a small one with some peanut butter or hummus. Want more of the PB or hummus? Trade out the pretzels for carrots or celery. Candy craving? How about a pre-measured portion of cocoa almonds or trail mix with a little candy in there along with the nuts, etc?