logging calories on here

Options
I worked out today and wanted to add what i did so it can subtrct from calories from my daily goal butnall i get is reps and weight. Does this app know how much a bench or curl burns based on weight?

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    You mead add to your calories?

If you're trying to add strength training, you need to search it under "cardio". The calories burned for strength training are a guess, minimal, and in my opinion not worth eating back.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Your most accurate exercise calculations will come from using some kind of heart rate monitor. Everything else is a guess.
  • mjc7213
    Options
    Oh ok
  • mjc7213
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    You mead add to your calories?

If you're trying to add strength training, you need to search it under "cardio". The calories burned for strength training are a guess, minimal, and in my opinion not worth eating back.

Well for instance if i Do bench 3x10 155lbs does this app know how many calories that burn and how do i put it in the subtract area where it says exercise?
  • CA_Underdog
    CA_Underdog Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Under cardio, use 'Strength Training' and enter the number of minutes. Almost all calorie burn numbers are estimates, but this estimate (and circuit training if you're not taking breaks) have worked just fine for me for the last few months.
  • jessupbrady
    jessupbrady Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    No, it won't tell you calories burned from strength training. MFP doesn't count those towards your diet. Use a Heart Rate Monitor to calculate how much you burned and then record the workout as a Cardio Routine.