Breakfast Foods

Options
What are your favorite things to eat for breakfast? I myself am an oatmeal and fruit kind of gal but looking to expand my horizons..

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I tend toward Greek yogurt & fruit or nuts in the mornings. Eggs are a favorite if I have the time. Scrambled with veggies & cream cheese or avocado on toast. The othet day I made chocolate chip pancakes and they weren't as bad calorie-wise as I'd expected.
  • crystalewhite
    crystalewhite Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Eggs! All ways except sunny side up. Bleh.
    I've been making mini crust less quiches on the weekends with eggs, cheese, turkey sausage crumbles and whatever vegetables I have left over from the week. I will make them in a regular muffin tin and nuke a couple for a super quick breakfast.
    Love my oatmeal too, but eggs manage to keep me satiated longer.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Low fat Banana Muffins, Spark recipe. Greek plain yogurt with fruits, slivered almonds. Turkey sausage, egg on a slice of toast. Cherrios. I LOVE breakfast and usually eat twice once before workout and once about an hour after workout. Smaller portion prior a little larger after. LOL B)
  • raoflight
    raoflight Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    yummmy to all of these!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    A couple slices of pumpernickel bread with low-fat philadelphia cheese. A non-traditional and very satisfying breakfast was home-made chicken soup with toast.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I really am stuck on my 3 poached eggs with mushrooms and sweet mini bell peppers, some cooked ground turkey all put in 2 heated corn tortillas and topped with plain full fat yogurt and hot sauce or some chipotle in adobo sauce. It's so good.

Some days I put the same mixture on a baked sweet potato or spaghetti squash.

Filling, high protein, good chunk of fat and carb and I stay full for hours
  • starryphoenix
    starryphoenix Posts: 381 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Eggs and cheese
    Sausage and ham
    Fruit
    Greek yogurt
    Cottage cheese
    Milk
    Salad
    Protein shakes
    Waffles and pancakes with pure jam or jelly or pure maple syrup with no added sugar.
  • jennbo83
    jennbo83 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    For an easy grab and go breakfast I have been hooked on hard boiled eggs and strawberries.
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    2-3 eggs, sometimes with toast, sometimes with English muffin or bagel, sometimes with steak, or chops, sometimes scrambled, sometimes basted, sometimes in an omelet, sometimes over potatoes with a trout filet, but always eggs. I can whip up eggs any style but poached in under four minutes. Always eggs.

Rigger
  • aliciamunday7
    aliciamunday7 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    bagel with low fat cream cheese and a pineapple ring
  • sjp_511
    sjp_511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    My favorite breakfast? There is a local bakery that has this bread that is like a giant cinnamon roll without frosting. I slice it and turn it into French toast. So delicious!! Of course the calories are quite a bit higher than I normally have for breakfast so I save it for special occasions.
  • joolsmd
    joolsmd Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I usually have multigrain porridge, yoghurt with blueberries, or eggs.
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    ... this thread already makes me happy, and I haven't started reading through it yet ... mmmmbreakfast!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I pretty much eat eggs every day. Some days I usually have them with pinto beans, but sometimes with oats. On weekends it's eggs, bacon, and potatoes or some kind of crazy omelette.
  • raoflight
    raoflight Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    bagel with low fat cream cheese and a pineapple ring

Sounds easy and sweet. I also like the cinnamon roll french toast idea.
  • AnneCN
    AnneCN Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Eggs!! Love them cooked anyway, and they are really filling
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    On weekdays, I have too much coffee followed once an hour or so until noon by yogurt, hard-boiled egg, a banana, maybe some Cheerios or granola (usually not all four things). Boring but predictable (in a good way) and sets me up well for a noon run.

On the weekends ... coffee and then scrambled eggs with cheese or mini bagel with real butter ... mmm. Some fresh melon or pear, if I have it ... and if I really want to make the kids happy ... bacon (because they aren't eating that without me!). I avoid the toast these days - just not yummy enough for the carbs.

I love all things breakfast and will happily eat breakfast for dinner any night of the week.
  • barbi_jean
    barbi_jean Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Coffee!! Then Nonfat Greek yogurt.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Breakfast burritos with eggs, salsa, cheese, veggies, etc
    Omlettes loaded with veggies and toast
    Homemade yogurt and granola with berries
    Homemade granola with berries and milk
    Waffles
    Different flavors of pancakes
    Muffins-banana, corn, blueberry, harvest, pumpkin, etc
    Scones (lots of different flavors)
    Buttermilk or whole wheat biscuits with butter and jelly
    Homemade bread with cheese
    Homemade bagels with lots of different toppings
    Croissants
    Danish or other sweet breads (cinnamon rolls, coffee cakes, etc ) once in awhile
    Scottish oats
    Overnight oats

I really could go on and on....I LOVE breakfast!
  • veganbettie
    veganbettie Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    anything in a tortilla. i love burritos.

I also love bagels with a spread, but they don't fill me up enough. maybe it's the type of bagel i'm getting but i'm starving an hour later.