Help

Options
right guys. Getting married in 6 weeks. Been losing weight gradually. Would love to lose another 40 lbs. any ideas on how to get it to drop very quick. Thanks

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    40 pounds in 6 weeks would be about 6.5 pounds per week, or a 3,250 calorie deficit each day. Trying to do that is more likely to hurt you or leave you feeling crappy on your wedding day. Pick a dress that you look gorgeous in, make sure the alterations look great, and try to relax as much as you can leading up to the big day.
  • sdado1013
    sdado1013 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I don't think that is possible to lose 40 lbs in 6 weeks without surgery or amputation.
  • BULLET9992
    BULLET9992 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    ^ agreed. You should shoot for 20lb, but even then you may only see a 15lb loss. If you try to lose weight too quickly the body thinks your indayger & stores the fat as well as slow your metabalism. Your body systems will suffer & you'll both feel & look bad.
  • laura3977
    laura3977 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else. 40 lbs in 6 weeks is probably not feasible and trying to get there might leave you feeling not so great when your wedding day comes. I will have to echo @diannethegeek - find an amazing dress that makes you feel beautiful. Your wedding day will come and go faster than you think, enjoy the time leading up to it and the day of!! :smile:
  • laura3977
    laura3977 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Unless you mean "loose as much as I can of the 40 lbs I would still like to loose" - in which case, continue doing what you are doing :smile: