Anyone else spending less at the store?

Options
Honestly, since I've started eating like a normal person and not a garbage disposal, my bill has gone way done.

Replies

• lizzocat
    lizzocat Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    omg YES. Since I bring lunch everyday now and don't order out, I am saving so much $
  • ShandaLeaS
    ShandaLeaS Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Yes....but we were eating out 5+ nights a week plus 2-3 lunches a week
  • Anonycatgirl
    Anonycatgirl Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Not at all. Trying to eat anything close to MFP protein recommendations has us spending a lot more than we did when we ate a lot of rice and pasta topped with veggies.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I eat out a lot less, and eat home more. So spending more at the store than I was before but spending less overall because saving by not eating out.
  • kyylieeeeee
    kyylieeeeee Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I've started buying at individual shops-- fruits and veggies from the produce stand, meat from the butcher, cheese from the cheese shop, etc. I find that this cuts down on a lot of "ooo I want that!" impulse purchases I'd normally make at the supermarket, because now I usually go out with a specific product in mind (and it's a lot harder to impulse-buy potato chips if the shop doesn't even sell them!). I may be spending more money on ingredients than I would on the grocery store, but overall I'm saving money by not buying useless foods. And I am supporting small local businesses, which is another plus.
    Also, like everyone else has said-- eating is a lot cheaper when you cook yourself for every meal compared to getting takeout or going to a restaurant!
  • shaumom
    shaumom Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    It would be, but buying organic has pushed it right back up and over what it used to be.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Nope. Still spending about the same amount every week.
    I haven't changed my diet drastically. I do put a lot more vegetables on the list than I used to though.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Spending way less here!
  • Panda_Poptarts
    Panda_Poptarts Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Not at all. Trying to eat anything close to MFP protein recommendations has us spending a lot more than we did when we ate a lot of rice and pasta topped with veggies.

Do you like quinoa? Eggs? Beans? Lots of protein there. I don't like meat all the time either :-)

Quinoa with diced roasted veggies is an awesome lunch.
  • sjp_511
    sjp_511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    deksgrl wrote: »
    I eat out a lot less, and eat home more. So spending more at the store than I was before but spending less overall because saving by not eating out.

Ditto.