Feedback Needed - Goal?

Options
Hey everyone, I'm looking for some feedback on my goal.

Back in 2010 at my heaviest (that I know of) I was at 259. I set a goal of 140, which I honestly wasn't sure I'd ever seen again.

I lost 90 pounds and then slipped back into old habits and gained back about 40. Last August I decided enough was enough and got back on track.

I'm within about 8 pounds of my original goal, but can't decide if I should keep going. Would you give me your feedback based on my before and now pics?

Thanks so much!!!3ccavvpu3dor.jpg
up19lt56k54k.jpg

Replies

• rcontr7
    rcontr7 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I think you look amazing! Good work!! :D I'd say do what you think feels right - I know a lot of us work on body composition once we get down to a happy weight, which I think is a healthy way to go about it - gaining some muscle also helps with maintenance! I know that I would like to lose this last bit of weight and really hone in on some fitness goals because it's valuable to me to work toward something.
  • tracydecicco
    tracydecicco Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Wow! What a transformation! How tall are u? Do u notice a change in how people treat u now vs then?

As far as should you keep going? That is an individual decision. I do not think you need to go any further. You should celebrate your success and work on maintenance. But again, I don't know your situation.

Thank you for being an inspiration! Only 64 more lbs to go for me.
  • CPHolma
    CPHolma Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Wow! What a transformation! How tall are u? Do u notice a change in how people treat u now vs then?

As far as should you keep going? That is an individual decision. I do not think you need to go any further. You should celebrate your success and work on maintenance. But again, I don't know your situation.

Thank you for being an inspiration! Only 64 more lbs to go for me.

I'm 5'5". As far as people treating me different, generally I haven't noticed a difference. I think the bigger difference has been how I interact with people as I've lost weight. I've become less self conscious and more comfortable with myself regardless of what other people think.

Thanks for the feedback - funny how when you lose a lot of weight it's actually hard to see the progress for yourself.

Good luck on the 64 lbs!!!
  • palwithme
    palwithme Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congrats on your loss. I don't think you will look that much different with another 8 pounds gone. Are there other reasons you want to stop where you are?
  • CPHolma
    Options
    palwithme wrote: »
    You look great! Congrats on your loss. I don't think you will look that much different with another 8 pounds gone. Are there other reasons you want to stop where you are?

When I set my goal, it was just a random number I settled on so I had something to shoot for ha ha.
    I was more interested in getting back to a size 8 (am actually in a size 6 now), and body fat between 22-23% (about 24% now).
    Where I'm at now is in the higher "normal" range for my height, just not sure how little I want to go ha ha.
  • palwithme
    palwithme Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    CPHolma wrote: »
    palwithme wrote: »

When I set my goal, it was just a random number I settled on so I had something to shoot for ha ha.
    I was more interested in getting back to a size 8 (am actually in a size 6 now), and body fat between 22-23% (about 24% now).
    Where I'm at now is in the higher "normal" range for my height, just not sure how little I want to go ha ha.

I sort of did the same thing...just picked a random number. I'm curious to see how it goes myself. :smile:
  • dawnmcneil10
    dawnmcneil10 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    You look great, why not make this weight you're at now the center of your "range" and then you have the freedom to gain or lose a little without freaking out. It looks like you're not in between sizes which is a bonus, that was my problem when at the low end of my range just between sizes so now I focus to just stay in the 1 size comfortably.
  • liekewheeless
    liekewheeless Posts: 416 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    If you are pretty happy where you are, give maintenance a try. Give it a couple months and then reevaluate.

By the way, you did AWESOME!
  • happygalah
    happygalah Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    You look really amazing! Are you happy with where you are now? That is the most important thing.
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    First, you look great! I know what you are dealing with, that nagging thought that you need to reach that goal weight in order to feel like you really did it :) I am within 6 pounds of my goal weight but I don't really want to get any smaller - I think my family might have an intervention if I do. I have sort of unofficially been in maintenance (since I haven't lost any weight in the last 6 months) so I have sort of had time to work with this weight and know that I can maintain it reasonable so. I think for me since I also bought way too many clothes the size I am now that sort of helped me decided this is where I plan to stay size wise. Though the scale still nags at me - we have a love/hate thing going. If you feel good at the size you are and feel you can maintain it then this might be your place. One thing that I didn't really think about was how much exercise effects our size despite how much we weigh. When I was a natural 130 I wore a size 10 now at a fit-ish :) 150 I wear 2/4.
  • Khalstead0517
    Khalstead0517 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I think you look amazing,you are just as tiny as you can be ;) I dont see any tummy or thickness anywhere on you,so if I were you I would likely focus on gaining muscle. You never know,while building it and toning you may end up going down a few more lbs....regardless you look amazing and have dine SUCH a great job!!
  • CPHolma
    Options
    Thank you everyone so much for all your comments - it's really helpful
  • CPHolma
    Options
    Guess after having 6 kids and carrying all the extra weight for so long, never thought I'd be back to maintaining lol
  • OrganicCat
    Options
    You look perfect.
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    You should be so proud of yourself. :)
  • dalem47
    Options
    You look great! Congratulations on all the hard work.
  • mgajmama
    mgajmama Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You look great! And I agree, building a little muscle will probably drop a few lbs! But it's up to you!
  • McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    You look great already. If you look at yourself in the mirror though and still don't quite like what you see, I'd work on trying to build a little muscle and losing a little fat, but don't go too much lower in "weight" if that makes sense.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!