losing 40lb help

Options
abibowmer96
abibowmer96 Posts: 22 Member
edited February 2015 in Getting Started
hey I'm abi form newcastle UK,

im 14st 9, 5ft 10 and want to lose at least 40lb.

i eat 1000-1200 calories a day with at least 30 minutes exercise (usually burning 200-250 calories each time)

i was just wondering if anyone had an approximate time scale/length of time this may take me or if anyone has been in a similar situation and have any tips or tricks for me.

thanks xx

Replies

• 1JoshG
    1JoshG Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'm in your situation right now. Feel free to add me
  • TishTash1616
    TishTash1616 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm also aiming to lose 40lbs, add me if you like :)
  • chadgledhill
    chadgledhill Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You can probably drop it in a few months, are you trying to lose 1 or 2 #s a week?
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    hey I'm abi form newcastle UK,

im 14st 9, 5ft 10 and want to lose at least 40lb.

i eat 1000-1200 calories a day with at least 30 minutes exercise (usually burning 200-250 calories each time)

i was just wondering if anyone had an approximate time scale/length of time this may take me or if anyone has been in a similar situation and have any tips or tricks for me.

thanks xx

You're eating too little - your goal should 1-1.5lb a week, log accurately (weigh and choose carefully) and when you exercise you should log it and cut the calories in half (MFP Database overestimates) and eat them

Don't cut out anything and think about maintenance already .. the trick is to not make this about deprivation but learning how to eat everything you want to in the right proportions

Progressive weight training is brilliant for women too

I lost 48 lbs in 8 months if that helps .. your weight loss gets slower as you near your goal .. in the end I was at 0.5lb a week