So, who else knows they shouldn't weigh everyday but still does? I do! Lol!

Options

Replies

• MythicalMe84
    MythicalMe84 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I don't think I should weigh myself everyday because I would freak out! LOL I weighed Sunday and today and I am up 8 oz today and I'm not liking it.
  • morrskie
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday, and even though there are always fluctuations the consistency helps me to see clearer patterns. :smile:
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily or close to it, but I also keep a graph in excel and follow the trendline.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    So, why shouldn't I weigh myself daily????
  • Lissa_Kaye
    Lissa_Kaye Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I weigh all the time. But I only weigh on Sundays for my progress weight. I don't freak out when it fluctuates. It actually helped me find my sweet spot of calorie goals.
  • 1JoshG
    1JoshG Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I weigh in the morning and record, in the evening for my own curiosity
  • smokingroaches
    smokingroaches Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day and then check on here before I head out to work. It's sort of an addiction of mine. lol
  • ttyree1
    ttyree1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    tkouns2015 wrote: »
    I do
    I weigh to keep myself accountable and have small daily goals.
  • zipitzippy
    zipitzippy Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I weigh 3/4 times a week to see if I'm heading in the right direction, but Sundays are my official 'weigh day'
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day but if I show an increase over the week, I don't feel down about it because I know the trend over the weeks whether I am losing weight or not.
  • stevenie1234
    Options
    I have an aria and I weigh every morning. There are fluctuations, but I'm working on getting my lifts up to body weight (or higher!) so I want to have an accurate goal number. For example, yesterday I weighed in at 62.6 kilos and when I was at the gym I tested my back squat. I wanted to hit 65 kilo, but I hit 70! Knowing what I had weighed that morning really helped me feel satisfaction in hitting that goal. If I hadn't weighed in six days there would have been some doubt in my mind.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Some people think that weighing daily leads to obsession, but some people think counting calories leads to eating disorders, too. You should do what is right for you. I weigh every day because that gives me the most accurate data and keeps me from freaking out over fluctuations; there is no way I can have gained like three pounds of fat from one day to the next.
  • fattofit_fritch26
    fattofit_fritch26 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I just cant help it either! I get up, shower and then BAM! The scale is just looking at me and begging me to check...so I do...granted I take it with a grain of salt and only mark weekly weigh ins!
  • joyleethys
    Options
    I do, I am such a numbers person....lol
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,117 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    The only reason not to weigh every day is if you are going to freak out over it. Otherwise, do it if you want to, don't do it if you don't want to.

I weigh myself every morning. I like having the data and being able to track how various factors such as what food I ate, how hydrated I am, etc. affect my weight.

Yes, this is why I do it Now.

I used to be petrified of the scale because of how down I would get on myself. Then, I read a few posts where some people showed there progress for months, on a graph. This showed me and gave me the courage to weigh everyday and remind myself that IF I am keeping my deficit, I will lose. It's TRUE! I've lost up to 2 lbs overnight. :)

However, sometimes it does affect me and I have to remind myself more than once, my weight will fluctuate if i had too much sodium, haven't pooped or just ate.
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    mllett wrote: »
    I just can't help myself!! :):p:#

Who/ what says you can't weigh yourself everyday? I find its the most accurate way to log....

If you choose 1 day a week ... and it's at the same time... same place... do you eat the same things the day before? What if I skipped using the bathroom that day? had too much water?

I think this is more if you're mental over the scale going up thing then anything else, you just have to understand weight loss is not linear.
  • mllett
    mllett Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    @Tedebearduff‌ I was really just trying to be funny! The reason I said, I shouldn't weigh everyday is bc of the fluctuations. It can be discouraging. But, I obviously don't let it bother too much bc I still do it. ☺
  • mllett
    Options
    @MythicalMe84‌ Lol! I know what u mean!!
  • mllett
    Options
    @smokingroaches‌, yes, it's definitely an addiction for me, too! Lol! Even if I wanted to stop, I couldnt! ☺
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Do it, the same fluctuations that occur on a daily basis also occur on weekly or monthly samples. The more data points the better.