looking to lose 20-30 pounds by bikini season! :)

Options
I am 20 years old and I'm ready for that change! I know I can do it I just need motivation and support. I've lost 15 pounds before but I gained it all back going back to my old habits. Ready to eat good so I can look good:) also gonna start working out again! Let's do this

Replies

• OhReally42
    OhReally42 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Same here! Just about to turn 21 and I'm not wanting to keep the lifestyle I currently have in my 20s. I'm on board with 30 pounds by summer!!
  • pascalealana
    pascalealana Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    me too!!!! day 1 today and going strong! many more days to come!
  • Jordiebug
    Jordiebug Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for a good support System!! Would love to have some of you lovely ladys on my friends list! Help support each other
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 31lbs to get to pre-pregnancy weight. Age 37 after 3 kids (youngest is 9 months, other two are 5 and 3) I'm not sure i'll be wearing a bikini (plus I live in England, it's hardly Florida) but I do want to look good in my little sundresses.
  • McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    Depends on when you want to be bikini ready, but odds are, even 20 lbs by summer is going to be hard to do. Especially if you've only got 20-30 lbs to lose. Should be thinking 1-2lbs max per week.

Good luck though :)
  • kamzzzzi
    Options
    Me too! I'm 21 years old, and I want to loose around 20 lbs before bikini season kicks in :) lets do this!!
  • SkinLust17
    SkinLust17 Posts: 4
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I'm definitely up for this! I love my old summer clothes and there's no way they're going to be wasted in my wardrobe this summer!
  • kamzzzzi
    Options
    We should update each other here:)
  • DawnieB1977
    Options
    McCloud33 wrote: »
    Depends on when you want to be bikini ready, but odds are, even 20 lbs by summer is going to be hard to do. Especially if you've only got 20-30 lbs to lose. Should be thinking 1-2lbs max per week.

Good luck though :)
    Yes, I agree with that. I need to lose maybe 15lbs to look good in my dresses, but 30lbs to wear a bikini and not scare people :). But that would take me until at least October I reckon, and I won't be wearing a bikini in England then!
  • LucyLover19
    Options
    I'm starting to hustle down for warmer weather as well! I gained 25 pounds from living with my boyfriend but it has got to stop. I've been dieting on and off but his snacking habits brought back the five or so pounds I keep losing/gaining. Not blaming him at all just need some outside support!
  • sahartsf
    sahartsf Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    me too! let's get in that bikini and feel great about ourselves!!!
  • haralynn
    Options
    New here, need friends to keep me motivated!! I'm trying to have a bikini body by summer also :) proving harder than I thought, don't really have alot to lose, but I can't seem to lose any of it :\ feel free to add me :)
  • OhReally42
    OhReally42 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    For the sake of having a date, summer in my area usually starts around mid to late June if we're lucky. So my goal is 30 pounds by July 1st. That's a little over half a pound a week.
  • LauraGreat
    LauraGreat Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. :)
  • darwinwoodka
    darwinwoodka Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Lose it slow and it will stay off. Losing 20-30 pounds in a few months may be setting yourself up for rebound weight gain.

Start some strength training. Build lean muscle mass. That's how you keep it off.
  • tcscholz554
    tcscholz554 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • Kipke9
    Kipke9 Posts: 10
    Options
    I'm starting to hustle down for warmer weather as well! I gained 25 pounds from living with my boyfriend but it has got to stop. I've been dieting on and off but his snacking habits brought back the five or so pounds I keep losing/gaining. Not blaming him at all just need some outside support!

I Gained 24.2 lbs by being with my boyfriend. This took me 1 year. He is a dessert and snack guy... and we love cooking. I normally don't choose those kind of things for myself, but when he ate those things I ate those things with him. Now he left last november to china for work (1 year) and since he has gone I lost 13.2 lbs. Just by changing my diet to my old habits (befor him), quit snacking and picking up sports 2 times a week. Also a little bit 'homesickness' to my boyfriend helped i think. In total I lost like 19.4 lbs by using MFP.

But for all people... it is possible to turn bikini ready! My current weight is 150 lbs and with 4/5 months it is possible. But of course you have to carry through with your plan the whole time :smile:

Good luck everybody
  • McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    OhReally42 wrote: »
    For the sake of having a date, summer in my area usually starts around mid to late June if we're lucky. So my goal is 30 pounds by July 1st. That's a little over half a pound a week.

@Ohreally42 its about 18 weeks away...that just over 2lbs a week not 1/2lb. Like I said earlier, it's great to have goals, but if you don't make them realistic you're just setting yourself up for failure.
  • megandhight
    megandhight Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I am with you! I have been eating a healthy diet for 2 days now and I know with support I can keep it up. Add me as a friend and we can do this together :)
  • DawnieB1977
    Options
    McCloud33 wrote: »
    OhReally42 wrote: »

@Ohreally42 its about 18 weeks away...that just over 2lbs a week not 1/2lb. Like I said earlier, it's great to have goals, but if you don't make them realistic you're just setting yourself up for failure.

What? 18x2=36 so how do you work that out? She wants to lose 30lbs, so it's under 2lbs a week, but not much.

I'll be happy to have lost 15lbs by July 1st, then another 15lbs by October. I find it easier to lose in Summer...more active and eating less.