positive pregnancy test

Options
Just found out this am. I'm preggo! Been on
myp for a while now.So excited, been trying for a while. I am still 20 lbs overweight. Has anyone used mfp while pregnant?

Replies

• crystal8208
    crystal8208 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Don't have any help for you but wanted to say congrats! :smiley:
  • rachylouise87
    rachylouise87 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    congrats i tried using it but failed and just watched what i ate. i cut out the junk and just ate normally. helped with the gain.
  • AshC1023
    AshC1023 Posts: 109
    Options
    Talk to your OB/GYN when you go about safely losing weight while pregnant. I lost quite a bit during my last pregnancy, but very very gradually.

Congrats!
  • yourradimradletshug
    Options
    My coworker used it while preggo but got frustrated because she says there is no way to make it track that she is pregnant.

Congrats on your pregnancy though!
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    It worked well when I was preggo. Congrats!
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I got pregnant last year after losing 35 lbs on MFP. I tried using it for a while and continued exercising every day. But after morning sickness kicked in I couldn't even stand to think about food. Then the extreme fatigue kicked in and I stopped exercising too. I'm back at it now though and it's going well. :)
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    congratualtions!

probably talk to your doc. usually they dont want you to try to keep losing if you are pregnant (expecially since you are not morbidly obease or anything) and just want you to shoot for gaining a little less from the pregnancy (which is kinda the same thing in a roundabout way)

definitely get good instructions from your doctor, definitely want lots of good nutrition for da baby!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • Mediocrates55
    Mediocrates55 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Definitely talk to your doc and get a good, solid calorie requirement from them. They'll know for sure what your body needs. The focus should be primarily on nutrition now, though keeping an eye on the calories as well. Congrats on your new addition! May you both be happy and healthy!
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
    I would also talk to your doctor about how to safely lose weight while pregnant.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Definitely talk with your doctor about a safe calorie intake for your pregnancy.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options

Lol!!!

• DEJAnoVU
    DEJAnoVU Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • owlcake
    owlcake Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Talking to dr is the right thing to do.
  • owlcake
    owlcake Posts: 27 Member
    Options

Lol