Back again and this time giving up IS NOT an option!

Options
For years, I have gone back and forth, using MFP with success! But I keep giving up eventually, reverting to old habits, and putting more effort into making excuses than actually working for my goal.

This time, giving up isn't an option. Literally, someone's life is at stake.

I just had an appointment at UPMC to be evaluated for a live liver donation for a local woman who does not have much time left. I am a positive blood match, which is the first step. I met with many people, including the Nutritionist and Surgeon. My BMI is too high to be considered for surgery. I have at LEAST 22 lbs to lose to even be considered for this surgery. Talk about feeling like crap. I need to be healthy and that is my first priority but to be told that you are too heavy to donate, that was hard. I've prayed long and hard and this is the motivator I have been looking for.

And I'm currently a smoker. I have been using my smoking as yet another excuse not to quit because I don't want to gain weight. The excuses need to stop.

My 13 year old son, M, is into fitness and I've "hired" him to be my personal trainer, giving me the motivation I need to push forward. He is amazing.

I am a Psychiatric Nurse and that lifestyle has been a recurring excuse to eat unhealthy and not get in the exercise I need so badly. I've been the Queen of making excuses. So....that is my little short version of my story. =D

Replies

• gavini
    gavini Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    you can do it!
  • UrnAsh_
    UrnAsh_ Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Welcome back
  • joyleethys
    Options
    It is so sweet that your son is helping you.....good luck!!!
  • Iceylyons
    Iceylyons Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Thank you :)
  • euzgai
    euzgai Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I hope this woman you know will make it! It is so nice of you to want to donate. I assume with a single post that you are a good person and because of that, I really want you to succeed.

Good luck!