What should I eat to have a flat tummy?

Options
mgreen10
mgreen10 Posts: 229 Member
I'v got an event on Saturday, so that gives me 3 days. I was wondering what foods are best to eat in order to prevent water retention and bloat. The obvious ones are avoiding salt. Any other suggestions? Thank you!

Replies

• DreaDreaDre
    DreaDreaDre Posts: 23
    Options
    Go low carb, stick to lean meats fruits and veggies no added sugars.
  • alexbowser
    alexbowser Posts: 322
    Options
    Drink a lot of water.
  • runnermel
    runnermel Posts: 278
    Options
    it sounds crazy, but drink lots of water. if you get dehydrated, you will actually bloat.
  • katy5692
    katy5692 Posts: 140
    Options
    yeah eat clean, low carb, low sodium, low salt :D

and DRINK :bigsmile:

i'm sure you'll look smokin' hot! :smokin:
  • qued3point14
    qued3point14 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    But not TOO much water! Actually - all liquid counts as water - you don't have to (medically speaking) drink plain water. And too much is a VERY bad thing. I HAVE to drink 3 gallons of fluid a day because of an illness - but I have to ADD salt to everything and watch my blood levels of sodium and potassium. If the average person drank 3 gallons of water (or any fluid) in a day, they'd die. Be careful! Find out how much daily fluid is the right amount for you and your body/weight.
  • LexyDawn
    LexyDawn Posts: 113
    Options
    No salt, no dairy.

and I've never tried this but I read something about yams being helpful with this too.... can't remember how or why, but was reading a magazine and whoever was on the cover ate nothing but sweet potatos for three days before the photo shoot so his abs would look good.

you can ignore the yam part if you want but the salt and dairy part work :)
  • lulusmom
    lulusmom Posts: 71
    Options
    No salt
    No dairy
    No simple carbs
    No sugar

Basically, live on lean meat and veggies for a week with tons of water. ;)
  • silvafan
    silvafan Posts: 147
    Options
    Stay away from soda if you drink any. Even if its diet.