Zumba!

Options
So I have been comparing Zumba to P90x....Zumba won! Now there are two different sets, Exhilarate and Total Body, which on do you have and recommend?

TIA!

Replies

• CallMeMamaBoo
    CallMeMamaBoo Posts: 295
    Options
    I got Exhilarate a week ago...and I love it!!!
  • jlrussell2
    jlrussell2 Posts: 3
    Options
    are those the videos?
  • kialhe1972
    kialhe1972 Posts: 2
    Options
    Zumba not only is fun but I do believer you can burn alot of calories in less time
  • jlrussell2
    Options
    To date, I have lost 4% body fat, 8 inches, and almost a full pant size from just doing Zumba classes 5 days a week for about 3 months! I am a firm believer in Zumba. I also know a lady who does Zumba 2-3 days a week with Weight watchers, and she has lost 87 pounds since Feb!
  • AYA81035
    AYA81035 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I got Exhilarate a week ago...and I love it!!!

Have you seen the previous? I am leaning more towards the newer version, I just want to make sure that it's worth it, a bigger improvement I suppose.
  • AYA81035
    Options
    To date, I have lost 4% body fat, 8 inches, and almost a full pant size from just doing Zumba classes 5 days a week for about 3 months! I am a firm believer in Zumba. I also know a lady who does Zumba 2-3 days a week with Weight watchers, and she has lost 87 pounds since Feb!

Wow 87lbs, that's awesome! The classes are offered at my gym, I just do not think I am ready to do this in a class (too self-conscience). I need to get into it at home first :)
  • AYA81035
    Options

And congrats on your success thus far :)
  • mungojerrie
    Options
    I haven't done the videos, but I have gone to the classes. I went to the gym three nights a week for two months with no weight loss. After three Zumba classes, I've lost 3.5 pounds. I believe the average one-hour Zumba session burns around 1,000 calories. That is a ridiculous amount of calories to burn. It's no wonder it's so easy to lose weight with Zumba!

I have since stopped Zumba and began the Couch to 5k program, for no other reason except that I want to run SO badly. But once I get to where I can run 5k at a time, I'm going back to Zumba and alternating that with running.

7033160.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • AYA81035
    Options
    That's awesome! Great motivation, I'm ordering it lol.

I haven't done the videos, but I have gone to the classes. I went to the gym three nights a week for two months with no weight loss. After three Zumba classes, I've lost 3.5 pounds. I believe the average one-hour Zumba session burns around 1,000 calories. That is a ridiculous amount of calories to burn. It's no wonder it's so easy to lose weight with Zumba!

I have since stopped Zumba and began the Couch to 5k program, for no other reason except that I want to run SO badly. But once I get to where I can run 5k at a time, I'm going back to Zumba and alternating that with running.

7033160.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • tat2tinkerbell
    tat2tinkerbell Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I just got the Zumba for Wii...I can't wait to get it hooked up and start doing some cardio that way and eventually back to resistance training for muscles. I'm hoping this will help improve my balance too. Just got out of a cast for a broken wrist! :)
  • jlrussell2
    Options
    Be cautious of the calories. We all burn differently, but on average my Zumba instructor tracks about 500, and she is drenched in sweat. Be very careful about those calories. I track for 500, even though I feel like I burned a1000.

As far as the Wii, I bout the Zumba for the Wii, and it (in my opinion), is NOTHING like having a real live person showing you the moves. I used it once, and now I am thinking about selling it. I hope others have a better success with it.

For those of you self conscience, don't be! There are lots of larger ladies in my classes, and you modify based on what your body can handle. I'm not a jumper, so I bounce during those moves. Just know that instructors always change their routines, and that there will always be new people trying to learn the moves like you. Keep at it and try a class, I bet you'll get hooked!

Good luck ladies:happy:
  • LaDawn74
    LaDawn74 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    "Wow 87lbs, that's awesome! The classes are offered at my gym, I just do not think I am ready to do this in a class (too self-conscience). I need to get into it at home first :) "

I too was self-conscience. Once I got in there, I didn't care. Tonight will be my 2nd class...Mon and Wed are my date night with myself and my 15 yr old daughter when she's home with me.......our place to go..the gym to Zumba class!!!

I have some DVD's at home that I'm going to try to do on the days there isn't Zumba at the gym.
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I have a 45 minute zumba class DLed at the moment, but I'm seriously considering buying Zumba for Wii. I just love it so much! It makes me sweat soooo much, and I barely EVER sweat!
  • tat2tinkerbell
    tat2tinkerbell Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I did the zumba for wii today and loved it. I'm beyond uncoordinated, but enjoyed every second of it. After 20 min, even with the fan on and dressed only in sports bra and shorts, I was sweating. It may not register all my moves but I got the gist of what it was doing. I may end up doing a class when I feel more comfortable dancing around like a maniac (i may have 2 left feet and the whole concept of "Mirroring the person in front of me" is beyond me most of the time" lol)

I think anything that gets you up and moving and burning calories is better then nothing! and learning a few dance moves will always be better. Also, i felt kind of sexy doing it...which would be extra bonus right??