Pregnant but trying to stay healthy

Options
is it ok to use this app when pregnant? I really don't want to gain more then baby weight and I know to just eat about 300 more calories a day to be safe. However, does anyone know if this app will calculate with my pregnancy for me? Or of an app that does? Or do I just need to do it manually?

Replies

• MythicalMe84
    MythicalMe84 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing. My husband and I have been trying but I have decided to wait 6 months so I can get more weight off. Just because you are pregnant and eating for 2 doesn't mean it's ok to gain 70 lbs! If I get pregnant I also want to continue using MFP. I only gained 20 with my first pregnancy and 2 weeks after having my baby I was 13 pounds smaller then my pre-pregnancy weight.
  • dawnhislop
    Options
    I gained 35 and gave birth a year ago. I was about ten pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight when I found out I was pregnant again lol. Im 10 weeks now and really hope I won't gain much this time. Fingers crossed
  • wejn
    wejn Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Ugh. I've really been trying to gain less than 25 with this pregnancy since I was technically overweight when I started but at 20 weeks I was already at 15 pounds. I really am doing my best to watch what and how much I eat and to work out which is all I can do. I'm thankful for mfp because I know I would have gained more by not tracking my intake. Here's to the sacrifices we make for those sweet miracles!!!!
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    No. Due to the numerous issues, MFP does not suggest calories for you for pregnancy. You can adjust on your own. There used to be a negative calorie option in the food diary but it now only works on the website (it was a user created entry though)
    Personally, I adjusted to maintainance right away for the first trimester and slightly upward after that.
    How much will depend on what your OB/GYN suggests. I think the figures are around 100-300 extra calories for the second and third trimester for an average weight gain recommendation.
  • rencawdor24
    rencawdor24 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad to come across this post. I just posted something similiar.

I'm 13 weeks pregnant and have worked hard to lose most of my weight. Keen not to gain any of it back (or even lose some if possible!).

I've been quite sick and generally feeling aweful since December. But am starting to feel bit better and would like to eat healthy and maybe do some walking if I can.

I've put my calories to maintenance and will start tracking again.