Too much?

Options
Can you drink too much water that would keep you from losing weight?

Might be a really dumb question, but I'm curious. I know you can physically drink too much water to be dangerous to your health, but my question is more... I've been drinking roughly 11 (8oz) glasses of water a day. I also have 2 cups of coffee and a sprite zero w/ 1/2 cup of cran-pomegranite juice with dinner. I've been working out for the last month and watching my calorie intake, but have mostly just maintained (something I'm apparently REALLY good at, lol).

Would the amount of water I'm drinking have that effect?

Replies

• deathtaco
    deathtaco Posts: 237
    Options
    I drink 1-2 gallons of water a day and am fine. Look in the mirror, is your composition changing or staying the same? The scale's number is effected by too many variables to be reliable.
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I doubt your water intake is the reason for this. It might be that your sodium intake is too high. Trying opening your diary for people to see what your meals look like so maybe they can help.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I drink 18-22 cups of water per day so I doubt that your water intake is what's causing the lack of weight loss. :)
  • ddwin
    ddwin Posts: 78
    Options
    I drink 1-2 gallons of water a day and am fine. Look in the mirror, is your composition changing or staying the same? The scale's number is effected by too many variables to be reliable.

It is changing a little bit... I think I'm just getting too impatient. ;}
  • deathtaco
    deathtaco Posts: 237
    Options
    Be more patient :tongue:

I don't even go by the scale anymore. My changes are so sporadic and minute and fluctuate so much due to so many factors the scale is just annoying. Talk about impatient :grumble:
  • ddwin
    Options
    I doubt your water intake is the reason for this. It might be that your sodium intake is too high. Trying opening your diary for people to see what your meals look like so maybe they can help.
    According to my 'reports' thingy, I average about 1600mg per day. This is something I'm Really working on (not that I add salt to my food, just trying to eat more natural things instead of prepackaged stuff).
  • Forensic
    Forensic Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I'd drink two more glasses of water for each cup of coffee, since caffeine is a diuretic. I drink extra water when I drink caffeinated tea.
  • ddwin
    Options
    Honestly, I'd drink two more glasses of water for each cup of coffee, since caffeine is a diuretic. I drink extra water when I drink caffeinated tea.
    Ya know... that's not a bad idea!