anyone trying to maintain?

Options
i'm pretty close my goal weight (yay!). someone told me that to maintain you just add an extra 100 cals a week until you reach the point where you stop losing... but how to stick at it? ive been told that this can be just as hard as losing weight in the first place! anyone out there at their goal weight already? how do you maintain it without going any lower or just piling it all back on?

Replies

• ohdear1986
    ohdear1986 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    i am maintaining, well sort of. i reached my goal weight on friday! i am now eating maintainence calories (average of 1680 a day) and i have seen a 2.4lb gain, but tonight i have seen slightly lower than this am so i am hoping come weigh in this fri i stay the same.

wish you all the best
  • AliCat2705
    AliCat2705 Posts: 22
    Options
    I have been wondering this same thing! I am right about where I would love to stay but I dont want to start eating more and gain it all back...I am almost scared to eat more. I don know what to do!?! I hope someone responds with good advice!
  • tandroes
    tandroes Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    i changed my goal to lose 1/2lb a week instead of 1lb and the scale finally dropped! i'm also scared to change it to maintain so i'm going to stick with 1/2lb for a while before i do that.. i still have a few pounds i want to lose though
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to maintain and have lost another 2 pounds. I have already gone up 300 calories. I am trying 1500 for a week and seeing what happens. I certainly do not want to gain.