Coffee vs. Hot tea

Options
I like both! I have ready so many articles and opinions as to which is healthier or better for you? I am not sure I have a preference. Sooo any thoughts??

Replies

• Cinnamonhuskies
    Cinnamonhuskies Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee in the morning and earl grey in the afternoon....best of both worlds! Dh is not a coffee drinker but drinks black tea in the morning.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    It used to be all about coffee for me. Since I gave up soda, I first did flavored waters, which are good, but then it got cold so I needed something hot besides cocoa and even more coffee, so tea happened. I now drink more tea lol. Still love coffee in the morning, but give me a good black tea or with some cinnamon, or unsweetened chai....yum! I like peppermint tea when I'm sick
  • zipitzippy
    zipitzippy Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I have 1 coffee in the morning, minimal milk. Tea and green tea later on
  • kevinala
    kevinala Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Give me a good cup of coffee
  • michellesz
    michellesz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Don't know. But I love a morning cup of coffee....something about even 1/2 decaf being a pick me up and way to start the day but I love a daily evening cup of tea....something about how it is warm and comforting and soothing or relaxing after a long busy day.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Neither is bad for you, so drink what you prefer. If you put cream or sugar in either, just make sure you log it and that they fit in your daily goals. It depends on the day which I will have.
  • shreyashiganguly
    shreyashiganguly Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Morning coffee and evening teas. Been that way for years now.
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I love coffee. I try to watch my intake because caffeine gives me the jitters, so once I've had 2 cups in a day I switch to ginger and lemon tea. It is so not the same :'(
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    I hardly ever drink coffee, unless I dump some instant coffee granules into my hot chocolate for that "coffee kick"... I LOVE all kinds of teas, and drink four or more cups of different teas/infusions per day!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I drink both. I have to have my coffee in the morning, but I will have tea later on in the day if I want something hot.
  • lismharris
    Options
    I try to limit myself to one cup of black coffee in the morning, then tea for the rest of the day. I prefer coffee, but too much makes me feel tired and crabby by the afternoon.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Coffee in the morning and afternoon and then I substitute Red wine (for tea) in the evening!

• blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    coffee in the morning. when I've had three mugs of that i switch to herbal (usually peppermint) tea or water. i sometimes have another mug of coffee at night and add coconut oil or heavy cream, depending on my macros.
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    I love both. I drink what ever I'm in the mood for. I don't add anything to either so I don't worry about it,
  • NightShiftMedic
    NightShiftMedic Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I drink black coffee all day long. I love it.
  • Tracejh
    Tracejh Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I was suffering with heart palpitations in an evening and thought I was having a heart attack, it was real scary.

I went to the docs who told me to come off all tea/coffee/caffeine products. Ive been off them for two weeks now and haven't had one episode.

So at the moment I would kill for a coffee ... :s
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Coffee in the morning and afternoon and then I substitute Red wine (for tea) in the evening!

I like how you think...
  • Edwardshar
    Edwardshar Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Your biggest concern is whether coffee or tea is healthier? Really? REAALLYY?
  • lynndot1
    lynndot1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm another coffee in the morning and tea in the afternoon person. It's just a mental thing, my mind likes smelling and brewing espresso first thing in the morning to wake me up. And in the afternoon if I don't want more caffeine I do a decaf herbal tea instead.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Drink what you like. They both have purported health benefits. IMO the more important benefit is psychological.

Coffee for me, by the way, all day every day.