what to wear

Options
I am 59 yrs young lol I would like to wear a bikini I have never worn one

Replies

• bettybing1
    bettybing1 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Well, go for it then! There's no need to feel like they're not designed for you. Loads of places will give advice on what's best for your shape, age, etc, but as long as you are comfortable then it doesn't matter.
    If you feel the need to work up to it though go for a sheer kaftan and then when the fear disappears whip it off!
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I'm just about 61 and for my birthday, we're going on a Carribean vaca next week!
    I bought 3 new bikinis and I will wear them everyday!
    I spent so many years in one piece bathing suits-I just don't care what anyone thinks of a 61 year old wearing a bikini.
    I say wear it! Wear it and enjoy the sun on your belly!
  • LuckyMe2017
    LuckyMe2017 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Kudos to you!
  • Kashton2011
    Kashton2011 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Definitely go for it !
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    wear whatever makes u feel good! i hope one day i feel confident enough to wear one. even one of those cute 50s style high waist ones!
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Do it.
  • sstolii123
    sstolii123 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I say have at it Girl! Wear it like their is no tomorrow!
  • justcat206
    justcat206 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Do it!! There are tons of places like Modcloth that sell awesome retro suits if you want a little more coverage, but if there's one thing we've learned from Helen Mirren it's that bikinis have no age limit!
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    Agreed! I wear a bikini and am proud of it. For me, it's not an age issue (yet), but when I was a teenager I was in a car accident and therefore have a scar that runs straight down from my sternum to my pelvis. Can't say that it's pretty, but it's part of me and I don't hide it. I do get occasional glances at it, but that's normal.

Be you, be comfortable and don't worry about what anyone else thinks!