Losing Weight Not Inches

Options
Its driving me crazy. I've lost 24 pounds, but I haven't lost more than 3 inches from my stomach, which happened about 15 pounds ago. Anyone else have this issue? What did you do for it?

Replies

• af_wife2004
    af_wife2004 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Are you doing a lot of abdominal workouts? Do you have much to lose from your stomach area?
  • Paperchains38
    Paperchains38 Posts: 42 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I have this same problem i have gone down one and half clothing size (UK24 to a UK22 and sometimes a UK20) since i have lost 45 lb (most of it before starting with MFP) and the same pair of trousers have been tight even though i have lost another 13 lb since i managed to get into in the first place. I was hoping that someone would post about this so that i could, maybe, find out what might be going on. Although i have noticed some places that i don't or can not measures seem slightly smaller and less flabby so maybe i am losing off these places and the rest will follow.
  • kozinskey
    kozinskey Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Is your stomach the only thing you're measuring? You might see more progress if you measure your thighs, bust, arms, neck, etc. Also, are you exercising? Muscle takes up less space than fat so building up muscle can help with inches even when the scale isn't moving.
  • wkwebby
    wkwebby Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Your body will decide where it loses the fat. So you may want it gone from your midsection, but it may actually be coming off of your arms, legs, or chest area instead.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I wish I had this problem. I always lose inches but the scale doesn't budge. :)
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I'm the complete opposite I'm losing inches but not weight so frustrating :#
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    OP You HAVE lost inches from your tummy-just not as many or as fast as you would like. 3 inches off tummy is great!

As for dropping sizes-it seems the bigger the size-the more weight that must be lost between sizes Like size 24 to 22 takes a large amount of weight loss but a 12 to 10 is comparably a much smaller weight loss.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost any inches yet - so you're doing better than me (down 50lbs). I mean obviously I must be from somewhere but not from any of the places I measure.
  • kandell
    kandell Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Everyone sheds inches differently. I lose from my ribcage first, which sucks because that's not an area I really care about -.-

Hang in there!
  • Atarahh
    Atarahh Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I wouldnt complain... Thats wonderful