Does this app change your calorie count on its own?

Options
kimzy132124
kimzy132124 Posts: 75 Member
trying to figure out if I will have to keep updating all of the calories and nutrition percentages as I loose weight or is this app awesome enough to do it for me :).

Replies

• pest3147
    pest3147 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Yes if your adding exercise hun . And when adding food
  • pest3147
    pest3147 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Basically yeah it will do it all for you lol
  • kimzy132124
    Options
    Ok. I can't really accurately calculate my workouts. I don't have my phone on me during these classes. I can't really have anything but my gloves on.
  • boredlimodriver
    boredlimodriver Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    camera angles of peace
  • kimzy132124
    Options
    Like when I loose 30 lbs will it adjust so I'm not eating what I was eating before? Since I probably don't need it?

• Terrytriesharder
    Terrytriesharder Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Yes it will adjust as you lose weight.
  • jazzine1
    jazzine1 Posts: 280 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I continuously have to reset my goal percentages on Fat/Protein/Carb. Its so frustrating. :(

At first I thought my dietitian was logging in and changing them on me, seriously. :o
  • jessupbrady
    jessupbrady Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Ok. I can't really accurately calculate my workouts. I don't have my phone on me during these classes. I can't really have anything but my gloves on.

I'd assume you can wear clothes too... <sarcasm aside>
    How about a HRM? Can you wear that in the exercise?
  • Groto1980
    Groto1980 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    For it to change/lower calories you will need to reset your goals after you start to loose. Depending on your current weight morbid obese/obese/overweight and how much you lose, I would suggest doing this every five to 10 lbs.
  • kimzy132124
    Options
    Ok lol. I guess I will have to look up how much I should be taking in. The ones I have are generally correct. But i do a lot of workouts. And muscle building 3 times a week for training. But I can't really complain right now. It's working. I'm just concerned once I get down a lot of weight and now need to adjust this daily
  • aSaltandBattery
    aSaltandBattery Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I don't think it does because from my experience I said I wanted to lose 2lbs a week which put me at 1200 calories, but at 1200 calories (due to my height) I only lose about 1.2 lbs per week. I have lost almost 20lbs and the number of calories MFP gives me has never changed. Using a TDEE calculator like this one - http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/ - could help you see how your calorie needs change as you lose weight. I have since changed my goal to 1lb per week (1270 calories) but have not seen an adjustment by MFP through that either. Since I'm already so close to 1200 calories and that seems to be where MFP bottoms out it might be my circumstances, but I haven't had MFP adjust for me, I adjust my calories myself.
  • baxyboy
    baxyboy Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Assuming you mean your daily goal - MFP should prompt you after every 10lbs you lose to recalculate your daily calorie goals based on your new estimated burn (as you lose weight your standard resting burn will drop slightly, so your daily goal will too).

You can also redo them manually any time you like by going to the Goals page.
  • kimzy132124
    Options
    Thank you :)