Healthy sweet snacks

Options
madmaddox719
madmaddox719 Posts: 84 Member
I'm currently off sugar and high levels of say fat due to stress. I love my sweet treats such as rocky road, millionaire shortbread and all the rest but find I can't eat then right now. Does anyone have easy to make healthy alternatives, does not have to be vegan of gluten free, just low sugar/fat whilst still considered a sweet treat

Replies

• mscheftg
    mscheftg Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Not sure what you consider low sugar, but I've been enjoying Greek yogurt... I go with the 100 calorie (or less) options (AKA low fat) because they also have a lower sugar content. Plus it gives me protein.
  • gilramirez14
    gilramirez14 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Oh lol well hummm...
  • madmaddox719
    Options
    By low sugar I just mean low sugar options as in lower than average! Greek you hurt has been suggested a few times I'll have to give it a go
  • losethe23
    losethe23 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Banana oat cookies! 2 bananas 1 cup of oats and semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips. Put them in the oven for 15 minutes at 350. They're great and a much better alternative to most sweets. I cut the recipe in half and eat them for my afternoon snack. :)
  • coueswhitetail
    coueswhitetail Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Watermelon is very sweet and provides alot of nutrition
  • MiraMira0702
    MiraMira0702 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have Fage plain Greek yogurt and I drizzle local raw honey it, totally tasty!!
  • steph_d02
    Options
    Pancakes.. 1 egg, 1 ripe banana mashed together and cooked in coconut oil. Greek yog on top with berries or cinamon!
  • steph_d02
    Options
    steph_d02 wrote: »
    Pancakes.. 1 egg, 1 ripe banana mashed together and cooked in coconut oil. Greek yog on top with berries or cinamon!
    They aren't the lowest in fat/sugar but they are good fats and natural sugar!
  • Angelfire365
    Angelfire365 Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    losethe23 wrote: »
    Banana oat cookies! 2 bananas 1 cup of oats and semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips. Put them in the oven for 15 minutes at 350. They're great and a much better alternative to most sweets. I cut the recipe in half and eat them for my afternoon snack. :)

This actually sounds amazing.
  • suzieboult
    Options
    Pop some grapes in freezer they ate so sweet and an Alternative to ice lollies
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    dates,figs,banana nice cream
  • Angelfire365
    Angelfire365 Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/

I'm just going to leave this here.. .
  • Khalstead0517
    Khalstead0517 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am loving having a frozen banana smeared :\with a Tblsp of peanut butter. Not sure if it is low sugar though :\
  • littlebee55
    littlebee55 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I am loving having a frozen banana smeared :\with a Tblsp of peanut butter. Not sure if it is low sugar though :\

I love this snack. I add a few chocolate chips, too.

If you use PB2 there is only 1.5 g of fat and 1 g of sugar. I love that stuff, also. Only 45 calories for 2 Tbsps.

• madmaddox719
    Options

These sound so lovely, just what I was looking for. I will give these a go!
  • madmaddox719
    Options

Brilliant, I will enjoy scrolling through all these lovely ideas!
  • kimw91
    kimw91 Posts: 355 Member
    Options

Brilliant, I will enjoy scrolling through all these lovely ideas!

I love her chocolate mug cake recipe.

Other sweet snacks would be banana ice cream, any fruit eaten as it is, apple dashed with cinnamon and briefly microwaved, Greek yogurt with pureed berries and stevia or mixed with pumpkin puree and cinnamon.

Higher fat but delicious are dates with peanut butter or dried figs with almond butter.
  • ladymaynard18
    ladymaynard18 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I like to slice sweet potatoes super thin, and dehydrate them in the oven at 150 for a few hours. I don't add anything to the sweet potato. They come out crispy and sweet. Great snack.
  • titijr113
    titijr113 Posts: 1 Member
    Options

Hey what is the calorie count for the cookies
  • DirrtyH
    DirrtyH Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I really like the sugar free Jello pudding snacks. I have one almost every night. I usually don't like sugar free things because I hate the taste of artificial sweetener, but these don't have that chemical flavor. They're yummy.