What time do you weigh yourself?

Options
What day of the week/what time of the day do you weigh yourself to get semi accurate results on how you're doing with weightloss and dropping pounds? :)

Replies

• _FATNSASSY
    _FATNSASSY Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    In the morning before I eat or drink anything (after my morning vist to the bathroom).
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    I weigh Saturday morning after I empty my bladder and before I get dressed.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Every morning, after pee, before coffee.

I track on a monthly basis (the 23rd of every month) though, so I can see overall trends.

To be accurate, you need to weigh in under the same circumstances. Meaning, naked or clothed, in the morning or in the evening. It doesn't really matter when/how, as long as it's under the same conditions.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Every day first thing after using the bathroom. Timing is what matters, as that will give you the most consistent results, but frequency is up to you. Some people get bothered by the daily up and down fluctuations, so they only get on once a week or less.
  • alyhuggan
    alyhuggan Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Morning (or afternoon, depends when I wake up) before I eat or drink! I usually do it daily but I'm not bothered or disheartened about my weight fluctuating!
  • emilyesq
    emilyesq Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I usually like to weigh myself in the late afternoon/early evening, when I get home from work. I've tried weighing in the morning, like some recommend, but I not only do I feel gross and bloated when I first wake up, but I'm so bad with mornings that I'll often completely forget to step on the scale.
  • gabrielleelliott90
    gabrielleelliott90 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Like everyone else, whenever I get up, usually late morning. Go to the bathroom, take jewellery off, weigh naked, then after weighing I'll eat/drink..... It doesn't matter time, it just matters you are weighing yourself correctly.
  • kozinskey
    kozinskey Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Every morning, before food or coffee, after the bathroom. I did weekly for a while but found that it messed with my head more than seeing the daily fluctuations. My body gains and loses water pretty ferociously so it's important to me to watch trends rather than focusing on one day's number.
  • SkpTex66
    SkpTex66 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    In the morning, after I get out of bed and visit the bathroom. Just pick a day and stick to it.
  • gobonas99
    gobonas99 Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning as soon as I get up, after I use the bathroom and before I eat or drink anything...and I log it immediately.

Weight loss is not linear. By weighing only once a week, you lose over 85% of your data points (I'm an accountant, so the more data points, the better IMO). As long as you understand that your weight WILL fluctuate, both up and down, weighing daily and looking at the overall trend is the best option.

I log my weight in the fitbit app (free account, I don't even have a fitbit), which I have linked to trendweight.com - this is my graph for the past 6 months (been doing this for 2 years now, but you can see better on the snipped graph) - the thin gray line are my actual daily weigh-ins...the thick red line is my weight trend. Doing this has helped me see that I usually have 2-3 weeks where I don't lose, and may even gain...and then 1-2 weeks where I lose a lot...but the overall trend is still down, regardless of what my daily weight looks like....the spike at the end is because we were on vacation from the 13th through the 22nd, and I didn't log my foods at all (and didn't eat very healthy...plus drank 3 bottles of wine in 10 days, whereas I normally don't drink at all), and only worked out once.

6m.png
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Every morning after using the bathroom and naked. No food or drink until I step on the scale. I have the Fitbit Aria scale so my weight automatically gets sent to Fitbit and subsequently is updated here.

• DarrelBirkett
    DarrelBirkett Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    _FATNSASSY wrote: »
    In the morning before I eat or drink anything (after my morning vist to the bathroom).

Exactly this!

• beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Consistency is what matters. For me it is morning after rising and emptying bladder.
  • Melinda791
    Melinda791 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I weigh and log every Friday morning before breakfast and after going to the bathroom. I may step on the scale a time or two during the week just to get a 'gut check' lol... but Friday is my official weigh in and log day.