What did I get myself into?!

Started Calorie diet, exercising at the gym and quit cigs this past week. What did I get myself into?

Replies

• Sweetiepiestef
    Sweetiepiestef Posts: 344 Member
    Loads and loads of tough fun that will help you live longer!
  • kringotime
    kringotime Posts: 2 Member
    A longer lifespan most likely.
  • fish2find
    fish2find Posts: 221 Member
    Started Calorie diet, exercising at the gym and quit cigs this past week. What did I get myself into?

Welcome and congratulations, starting off with a bang! Id say your in for a few more birthdays, family gatherings and time with loved ones. If not important now it will be.

• Silentfool
    Silentfool Posts: 189 Member
    Awesome choices you have made. You will start to reap the benefits soon
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    Sounds like you just stepped into a but load of fun. Hang on!
  • Thanks guy's. It is already tough. Especially since quitting smoking. Quitting make's you want to pick up another habit like eat more but I am on the diet so that doesn't help. Ha! My kids are my most motivation! Trying to beat this Fibromyalgia also!
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    kringotime wrote: »
    A longer lifespan most likely.
    Yeup!
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    A healthier life. You got this !
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Welcome to the new you! Don't you feel great!? :D

Marvelous accomplishment!!!!!!
  • emilyesq
    emilyesq Posts: 47 Member
    I quit smoking the same time I started losing weight too, in September. It helps that I'm not drinking alcohol as frequently due to the calorie content, since smoking and drinking always tend to go hand in hand with me. It's tough to make a go at all your vices at once, but your lungs will thank you, especially during cardio.
  • I recently quit smoking (for the second time.) When I was in the middle of High school (in a time before i was a smoker) I moved to where I had no friends and finished my sophomore year in front of a computer with a tub of ice cream weighing in at 158lb. I started dating my High school sweetheart and dropped down to 145lb. (Because who has time to eat when your young in love and being as neither of us drove we walked all over our tiny town.) I maintained 145 for about 3 years. I unhealthy dropped down to 125lb. When I lived in AZ for 3 months and walked to work in the heat and only could afford to consume 1 meal, coffee, and water every day. For 2 year I stayed at 130 or under which being 5'7" looks pretty good, except when I once hit 110 which is too skinny. I quit smoking the first time back at the end of July 2014 and put on 10lbs. Which I fluctuate up 4lbs at times. Making my weigh in at the start of my Whole30 at 144! O_O....I was married January 24th of this year and the day of I was 137, so a 7lb gain in one month (hopefully some of that is water weight.) So a week after quiting I started this Whole30 adventure that my sister-in-law and brother-in-law just finish, whish she lost 10lb.and he lost 17lb. Basically I'm challenging myself to not have sugar, soy, dairy, alcohol (which can get subbed for smoking and causes weight gain quickly), and any and all processed food. I encourage you to look up Whole30. It's basically a lifestyle change (a tough one too) to break up with the food that's not very healthy for you. I'm on day 8 and between day 4-6 my husband is lucky to be alive. ^_^ feel free to add me and maybe follow my progress until the end and then decide if you want to try it or not.