Toneing

Options
Hi im 9 st 3, 5 ft 8-9.

Im getting married july in cyprus so trying to work on my problem areas.

Im very slim but have love handles that sit out over my underwear bottoms, which i want tid of, and i want to work on toneing my bum, lower abdo & love handles but not lose much weight.

Because of my height i can appear 'lanky' if lose more weight. Whats best for me to do? X

Replies

• lauren_xx07
    Options
    Rid*
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    You should probably just splurge on some underwear that fit you better.
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    You should probably just splurge on some underwear that fit you better.
    ^^This is actually the best fix. No one will know (or care) if you buy a larger size or more flattering cut.

Also, you can start strength training and eating at a small deficit to try to cut a little fat, but you'll have no control over what part of your body you lose fat from, and the process is very slow. This would be a long term commitment, not a quick cut for a wedding.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Spot treating doesn't work unfortunately, but keeping up with you diet, including cardio and strength training will give your whole body a workout.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Find a good weight lifting program and lift heavy weights. And no, you won't get bulky. I promise.
  • Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    you are around 125ish lbs and 5'9 - so pretty slim already, losing more weight isnt an option for you at this point like you said

I think the above two posters summed up your best options - if its just a spot issue for your wedding then a tan and different underwear is actually a super solid suggestion haha

only way you will recomp your body is with strength training (IMHO) and you could definitely see some progress by July if you start now - that gives you 4-5 months - you could even lift and eat at maintenance and you will see results
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Docmahi wrote: »
    you are around 125ish lbs and 5'9 - so pretty slim already, losing more weight isnt an option for you at this point like you said

I think the above two posters summed up your best options - if its just a spot issue for your wedding then a tan and different underwear is actually a super solid suggestion haha

only way you will recomp your body is with strength training (IMHO) and you could definitely see some progress by July if you start now - that gives you 4-5 months - you could even lift and eat at maintenance and you will see results

Thank you for mathing for me.
  • lynndot1
    lynndot1 Posts: 114 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    If you're really 125 at 5'9", your BMI is just barely in the healthy weight limit, bordering underweight. I agree with the above that just buying underwear that fits you better is the easiest solution because I highly doubt you have much fat to lose.

But if you want to work on hardening up your body, strength training is good for everyone and adding it into your routine would be good. But if you really have fat "spilling over" your underwear like that at your size/weight, my guess is you're just wearing things that are too small.