Feeling discouraged

Options
well the last couple days I have felt great the sun has been out (rare for Oregon) and I have been walking lots. Yesterday I did 6 miles. Today I am so sore I can barely walk at all!

Replies

• _FATNSASSY
    _FATNSASSY Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Way 2 Go! That's AWESOME... can you motivate me to start working out? You can add me if you like...
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    That's okay! We all need days to recover once in a while. Losing weight comes down to calories in<calories out, so just make sure you remain in your deficit.
  • bsballmom55
    bsballmom55 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Staying in calorie goals for sure. Just would like to be able to keep moving! Hopefully tomorrow I feel better.
  • futuremanda
    futuremanda Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Soreness is normal, especially when we do things that are much more than we're used to. That was me last week. Even the "I can barely walk!" feeling? Normal.

And it will be worse after you have been sitting (even for fairly short periods) and better when you are warm and have been moving a bit. Go for another walk. Don't let it stop you. Partway through the walk, you'll already be feeling better (though it's temporary, you'll be stiff again when you stop moving). It won't always feel like this! Your body will adapt.

(PAIN though is different. Anything sharp or acute is not to be ignored.)
  • onewarmmomma
    onewarmmomma Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    YOU CAN DO IT! I wrote this earlier this week, and it seems to fit here.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/onewarmmomma/view/the-secret-to-success-731796

Stick with it, the pain is progress :)
  • michellelhodges123
    michellelhodges123 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Lol, I'm on the opposite side..our sun is finally making an appearance! So icy on our road yet..tried walking the dog..in spots I should have had ice skates..think I entertained the neighbors! Anyone can add me! Motivation and support is wonderful..and so helpful!