get hungry when studying

Options
I get hungry so fast when I'm studying! Does anyone know why?
I am almost never hungry on school breaks but now that school started, it is interfering with my diet! :S

Replies

• karathrace
    Options
    I get hungry so fast when I'm studying! Does anyone know why?
    I am almost never hungry on school breaks but now that school started, it is interfering with my diet! :S
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    I am a nursing student and during breaks I make sure I bring my own food from home. I will NOT buy anything from the cafe' or vending machines. as for studying I am always hungry but I try to move on..or I will break and go walk on the treadmill...ddHTH

:tongue:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    If you're in college and walking to class carrying books, you could be hungrier because you're burning more calories through activity.

But, for me, when I get hungry when I'm studying, it's because I'm bored studying or anxious about studying.

I've taken to drinking hot herb tea when I study. It's comforting, and helps with the emotional hunger issues I have.

But, that being said. . . what I said first could apply. If your calories are too low for your activity, you're hungry.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Could be a lot of reasons...how much you've eaten before that, the time of day, your normal eating schedule, your hydration levels, when you workout in relation to when you do your homework...tons of things can cause hunger.
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    When I was in college, I always loved eating sunflower seeds while I was studying. For me, I needed something to do to keep me awake, doing all of that reading, etc. Also, don't discount the stress that you are under; that STRESS alone will make you want to eat. Just try to keep something healthy on hand that you can munch while you are hitting the books. Diet soda is good, too. GL. :flowerforyou:

P.S. It's FRIDAY! Why are you studying?
  • karathrace
    Options
    <i>P.S. It's FRIDAY! Why are you studying?</i>

premed :p

Well I get hungry when sitting and studying...not walking around campus and studying. I JUST had dinner and well I want to eat again...grrrr...
    Maybe it is a good idea to break down and just go exercise afterwards :D
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Breaks are good, too..... but I totally understand.......GL. :flowerforyou:
  • skinnyray
    Options
    This used to happen to me all the time when I was in school! My solution included baby carrots (great for the crunch and sweetness) and tons of water! I used the same strategy for staying awake in class when I was burning the candle at both ends. For the first part of the class, I drank water when I felt myself get sleepy, and then during the second part of the class, I had to pee so badly that there was no way I was going to fall asleep and risk losing control! :laugh: