Evening calories.....

Options

Replies

• kailibertsch
    kailibertsch Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm with those who save a big portion for dinner. I like a big dinner and usually a dessert. Sometimes even an evening snack. I sometimes even have two mini dinners because my husband typically works late so I will have a small one when I would normally eat dinner, and then another small one with him when he is home.
  • senglishrose
    senglishrose Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    @segacs I'm interested in what you eat for breakfast that's only 200 calories
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options

Usually some oatmeal and a cup of coffee when I get to the office. I'm not much of a morning/breakfast person.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    mkakids wrote: »
    I usually have 75% of my calories between 5-10pm. I usually don't eat early in the day....im just not hungry.

Yeah that's pretty much me too. I'll eat a modest breakfast (300 cal or so). I eat a pretty light lunch, and usually a small snack in the afternoon. That usually leaves around 1200 calories or so for dinner/evenings.
  • NANA70DIET1
    Options
    I eat a small breakfast, about 300 calories, and have a healthy salad for lunch, and use rest of my 1200 for dinner
    I put in my log first thing in AM what I am going to eat that day, as I know if I am going out or not so know if go out how many calories I can have for dinner.
    I also do fitbit and at least 10,000 steps a day, most days do more .
  • misskarihari
    misskarihari Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    @misskarihari -- yikess...seriously?

Yes. The rice is very high in calories, and make rolls with avocado, tempura, salmon has lots of fat, sugar in the ginger... Eat sashimi if you want to be careful with the calories :-)
  • Troy13691
    Troy13691 Posts: 60 Member
    Options

Im a small brekkie eater too. I usually only eat a piece of whole meal bread ( toast) with a light butter and either vegemite or peanut butter. anywhere from 115-150 calories. if i add a poached egg instead its still around 200 calories.
  • senglishrose
    Options
    suddenly I don't want sushi tonight lol The tempura the best part of sushi.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,871 Member
    Options
    Sometimes in the afternoon I may want something but when I see how many calories I have left for the day I think to myself that I may want to conserve them for dinner. Do you save a certain amount of calories for your evening meal?

I generally pre-log my entire day and know exactly where I stand at all times. I always make sure I have enough calories for desert.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    I normally do not eat breakfast, so my calories are usually dividing amongst lunch and dinner. Gives me more to work with for each. It makes me happy that way.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    I usually have 75% of my calories between 5-10pm. I usually don't eat early in the day....im just not hungry.

Yeah that's pretty much me too. I'll eat a modest breakfast (300 cal or so). I eat a pretty light lunch, and usually a small snack in the afternoon. That usually leaves around 1200 calories or so for dinner/evenings.

Room for a bottle (or two) of wiiiiiiiiine! <3
  • segacs
    Options
    @misskarihari -- yikess...seriously?

Yes. The rice is very high in calories, and make rolls with avocado, tempura, salmon has lots of fat, sugar in the ginger... Eat sashimi if you want to be careful with the calories :-)

Agreed. I love sushi but eating it in small enough amounts to stay within my calorie goal is tough. Agree that sashimi is the way to go. Some edamame as a starter is a good idea, too -- it's a great vegetarian complete protein that's also high in iron and fibre.
  • misskarihari
    misskarihari Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    suddenly I don't want sushi tonight lol The tempura the best part of sushi.
    Sorry! :wink:
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »
    ceoverturf wrote: »

Room for a bottle (or two) of wiiiiiiiiine! <3

!!! Right !!!
  • senglishrose
    Options
    I'll just have to learn how to eat a small amount.
  • segacs
    Options
    I'll just have to learn how to eat a small amount.

The good news is, sushi in smaller amounts is much more budget-friendly.
  • senglishrose
    Options
    zachbonner wrote: »
    I had sushi on saturday, ate 13 pieces and it quickly ended up on 800 calories (roughly estimated)! So watch out, but enjoy it :)
    10k steps a day is very good. Keep it up. :)
    nvm

I'm still learning a lot -- What does nvm mean?

• SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    segacs wrote: »

Usually some oatmeal and a cup of coffee when I get to the office. I'm not much of a morning/breakfast person.

This is me, too. My breakfast is usually a 200ish calorie low sugar protein bar after I get to the office.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    zachbonner wrote: »
    I had sushi on saturday, ate 13 pieces and it quickly ended up on 800 calories (roughly estimated)! So watch out, but enjoy it :)
    10k steps a day is very good. Keep it up. :)
    nvm

I'm still learning a lot -- What does nvm mean?
    Never mind :)