Exercise after wisdom tooth removal

Options
Had my wisdom tooth out a week ago today and pain has almost completely disappeared with the all clear from the dentist. I have been struggling to eat enough but hoped exercise would get my appetite back.

Before having the tooth out I was squatting 4 sets of 10 with 10kg so tried 2 tonight, and found myself with a slight funny taste in my mouth and a throbbing pain. Anyone else experienced this?

might not be connected but thought I'd ask.

Replies

• BeTheChange352
    BeTheChange352 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    did you have it pulled or cut out? you may have strained a bit too much and irritated the removal site.
  • lisaw19855
    lisaw19855 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Had it pulled out, it was quite easy but the dentist mentioned it was a bit inflamed on Monday although healing well.

I was told not to horse ride for a week though x
  • Reflextion
    Reflextion Posts: 9 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I had my wisdom teeth pulled too. The funny taste is something I've also experienced, it tastes like... rot which is pretty nasty. I also had a throbbing sensation in my extraction sites during exercise. I guess it's pretty normal but you seem to be getting pain not just a slight sensation so I might suggest cutting back a bit.
  • WeaponXI
    WeaponXI Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    When I had a tooth pulled recently, my dentist told me to avoid lifting and exercise for a week. The reason as he explained, was because a blood clot forms (part of the healing process), and exercise can increase blood flow, causing the blood clot to dislodge. When that happens, a painful condition called dry socket can form. But talk to your dentist and find out what they recommend for you.
  • lisaw19855
    lisaw19855 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    My blood clot has gone as it now healing from the inside, he says I am healing quickly but now you mention blood pressure I wonder if the increase in blood pressure aggravated the inflammation of my jaw and gum.

The pain passed once my blood pressure was back to normal x