Flavoring rice and dressing questions

Options
Zipswrangler
Zipswrangler Posts: 31 Member
how does everyone flavor up that brown rice I have been eating it plain and now looking for some flavor ? Also what is a tasty dressing for a salad ? Trying to get away from ranch :0

Replies

• Lissa_Kaye
    Lissa_Kaye Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    My go to condiments are: Mae Ploy Sweet Thai Chili sauce, Kikkoman less sodium soy sauce, Bragg's Amino Acids, S&B Golden Curry Sauce (mild and medium), House of Tsang makes 3 I love, Bangkok Peanut Sauce, Korean Teriyaki, and Spicy Schezwan, Soy Vay make 2 I love Toasted Sesame Dressing and their Island Teriyaki is awesome. These all are pretty high in sodium so be carefull, but they really only take a little bit to flavor nicely. Dynasty make some nice flavor packets for cheap too that you can throw in a skillet and add to flavor rice. I like their schezwan and red curry. You can just add water when yo u do them instead of all the oil they put on the directions. Just do a small amount of water to coat so it doesnt get mushy.
  • Zipswrangler
    Zipswrangler Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thank you!:)
  • tiastahl
    tiastahl Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    i like to use olive oil (lightly) and red wine vinegar as salad dressing. Also, you can make greek dressing by mixing equal parts olive oil and lemon juice, then mix in dried oregano.

Brown rice is good when you make it with chicken broth instead of water (just count the calories/sodium). Something else to try is to mix in some salsa (fresh or canned) with it to make a healthy version of mexican rice.