What is the most weight you have lost in two weeks?

Options
Just curious? And what did you do to lose that weight?

Replies

• Troy13691
    Troy13691 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    6-7kgs. In two weeks. I was very large when i first started so going from nothing to doing 1200 calories, so i instantly lost water weight then fat very quickly. Pretty much was losing 1-2kgs a wekk from then on till it slowed down when i lost more and more.
  • kitaemma
    kitaemma Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    About 10 pounds that I've managed to keep off but I was ill and only consuming around 1000 so I definitely wouldn't recommend that. Healthily around 5 pounds.
  • KatyRu
    KatyRu Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I think around 13-14 pounds. I lost weight in a very unhealthy way for about 3 months in high school. I even had a PE teacher I hadn't had in a year stop me in the hallway and ask if I was eating. To lose it, I had a bag of baked Cheetos for lunch, a can of green beans and 3 pieces of lunch meat for dinner, and then worked out for 4 hours every day.

In a healthy way, about 8, but that's a lot of water weight and kind of adjustment weight I guess? Only when I'm just starting to lose weight is it ever that fast. That's just by counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.
  • Marlene1667
    Marlene1667 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    6 lbs. Which I was very please about. It just seems very slow for me. I am always amazed how much people lose in a short amount of time. I try not to compare myself to them. I eat 1200cal and exercise minimum an hour day.
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    I think about 7 kg. I don't remember what I was doing, probably not eating much and/or purging, I just remember the scale steadily going down 1-2 lb every morning.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    4 pounds, when I was up in the 160s. Never tried to lose more than 2 pounds a week. I probably ate between 1200-1400.
  • pap3rw1ngs
    pap3rw1ngs Posts: 58 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    6lbs. I ate at a deficit and did regular cardio. It was about 4 months into my weight loss journey.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    I think I lost 4+kg in two weeks. Most likely because in the first week I recorded the wrong weight. I didn't change anything week to week that I'm aware of.

So is this a round about way of asking "hey I have a party/wedding in 2 weeks and need to lose 10 pounds fast"? Trying to avoid people saying aim to lost 1-2 kg depending on your current weight, because it's safer and mort likely to last.
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    13 pounds.

Went galavanting around the back country in the Sierra Nevadas woefully unprepared and under supplied for 3 weeks.

Not recommended as a weight loss strategy.

There are better methods.
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    I lost 10lb in two weeks the first time I ever attempted to eat better. I was super overweight at that point though and my weight can still fluctuate up and down 5lbs in a week if I consume tons of sodium. Its all water weight so u really couldnt tell
  • UtahWI
    UtahWI Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    About 12.
    I was doing chemotherapy. Not recommended.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    Idk, 3lbs? I've always kept a fairly slow, reasonable weight loss while tracking.
  • pjcfrancis
    pjcfrancis Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    About 10 lbs, but I'm doing pretty much the same thing now and only losing about 2-3. I'm trying to lose about 30. The first 10 pounds was easy, the second 10 pounds was harder. The final 10 pounds seems pretty attached to me, but that's why it's necessary to develop new habits and not look at this as just a temporary diet.
  • abbycassidy1
    Options
    It was 14 pounds, went on a fad diet 'cabbage soup diet' stuck to it, worked out daily, and lost 14 pounds, even though we all know it was a lot of water weight it gave me that little shove to lose the rest of the weight. Now I am 80 pounds overweight, and starting all over, but not with any fad diet, and even if weight loss is slower, I am okay with it as long as it stays off, and my lifestyle totally changes!
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    128 pounds.

Divorce.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    10kg - gastric flu. Not recommended.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Most in 2 weeks? 28. Spine fusion (scoliosis). 2nd would be 16lbs. That was after 100 and 108mi running weeks (impossible not to loose). I eat 4000-5000 BTW.
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    When I was in WW a couple of years I lost 12 lbs. I just started back on MFP a few ago and I lost 7 in 2 weeks. I carry a lot of water weight due to my kidney disease. So when I eat more veggies and fruits it kind of flushes my system of some sodium.
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    185 pounds...that cheating *kitten*.
  • monikker
    monikker Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    128 pounds in 2 weeks?! Is that possible?