I'm not over-weight, just my thighs are lol

Options
I am 28. 5'7. 160. I have a pretty flat stomach, i like my big butt, everything else is proportional except thighs. They dont match! I'm trying to learn to eat better... its just expensive. I want to work my thighs out without losing my butt. My man said losing the booty is a deal breaker! Overall I just want to feel good and be healthy.

Replies

• Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Genetics determines where we carry our extra fat. You can strength train to target your thighs, but you can't spot reduce fat. You would have to decrease your overall body fat % to lose some fat in your thighs.

Also if reducing the size of your butt is a deal breaker for your man, I think I'd be in the market for a new one. But that's just me.
  • af_wife2004
    af_wife2004 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Fat loss comes from calorie deficit and you can pick and choose where lose the fat. That being said, what kind of lower body exercises are you doing? Perhaps a pilates style workout would help build lean muscle in your legs and hopefully just give your butt a nice lift but not a guarantee. Try the IIFYM calculator http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/ so see if your current calories, fat, protein, and carbs match your setting at IIFYM. For me, I've been following this and running and the weight is coming off my waist and legs yet I'm retaining an F bra cup.
  • stephnic4
    stephnic4 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Jen selter needs to makea dvd lol. I want her butt and thighs! Thanks so much for the insights!
  • wkwebby
    wkwebby Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Do some squats to keep your booty while cutting down elsewhere on your legs. Make sure to concentrate on squeezing the glutes and you won't ever lose the booty. Eating at a deficit will still be key but squats (weighted especially) will give you a round butt with some muscle building on the legs.
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    stephnic4 wrote: »
    I am 28. 5'7. 160. I have a pretty flat stomach, i like my big butt, everything else is proportional except thighs. They dont match! I'm trying to learn to eat better... its just expensive. I want to work my thighs out without losing my butt. My man said losing the booty is a deal breaker! Overall I just want to feel good and be healthy.

Time to fire your man.
    Seriously.
    Anyone really that shallow has no business in any "deal".

• maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    My man said losing the booty is a deal breaker!

My man saying such a thing would be a deal breaker.

• Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Guuuuuurrrrrl, I feel your pain, if it runs in the family, then there's not much you can do to get rid of it unfortunately. My whole family is pear shaped. They get thinner but there will never be a thigh gap. LOL. :s I am thankful that being pear shaped gives me a butt though so there are positives.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I definitely have your same problem. Unfortunately, there is no such thing as spot reducing... You will probably loose some of your booty while loosing the fat on your thighs.
  • Isabelle_1929
    Isabelle_1929 Posts: 233 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Fat loss comes from calorie deficit and you can pick and choose where lose the fat. That being said, what kind of lower body exercises are you doing? Perhaps a pilates style workout would help build lean muscle in your legs and hopefully just give your butt a nice lift but not a guarantee. Try the IIFYM calculator http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/ so see if your current calories, fat, protein, and carbs match your setting at IIFYM. For me, I've been following this and running and the weight is coming off my waist and legs yet I'm retaining an F bra cup.

Really ? So if I want large boobs, I could gain weight globally, then "spot reduce" my legs, stomach, arms, back and face, and my breast will remain the same big size? Regardless of my genetics ?

Well you should sell your secret, you'd become a billionaire and all plastic surgeons would go out of business in no time.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options

Time to fire your man.
    Seriously.
    Anyone really that shallow has no business in any "deal".

Thank you for saying what I was thinking. I know sometimes comments made on these boards are taken too seriously when the poster doesn't really mean it, so I certainly hope that is the case here!
  • JenniDaisy
    JenniDaisy Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    maidentl wrote: »
    My man said losing the booty is a deal breaker!

My man saying such a thing would be a deal breaker.

True story.

jv495rn8v8sl.gif
  • SilverRose89
    SilverRose89 Posts: 447 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

Really ? So if I want large boobs, I could gain weight globally, then "spot reduce" my legs, stomach, arms, back and face, and my breast will remain the same big size? Regardless of my genetics ?

Well you should sell your secret, you'd become a billionaire and all plastic surgeons would go out of business in no time.

I'm pretty sure they just missed the 't off of the 'can' ;)

At least I hope so.