whats everyone's thoughts on this??

Replies

• jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    No, no, and no.
  • ryanlleusby
    Options
    Haven't tried it yet. I'm not doing it to loose weight. I just need better nutrition. :)
  • jkwolly
    Options
    Haven't tried it yet. I'm not doing it to loose weight. I just need better nutrition. :)
    I'm confused. Why would you waste money on a meal replacement/pill company when you could eat a balanced diet for 1/3 of the cost?!

• ryanlleusby
    Options
    I do have a good answer for that. I work long hours and I really sometimes don't get a chance to eat 6+ hours at a time. I'm getting headaches and when I finally get a chance to eat usually 7-8pm at night I'm cranky and I over do it and then go to bed. I thought I could sip on a shake and prevent the dizzy headache feelings.... Just a thought but not an expert by far lol
  • jkwolly
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Shakes are totally fine, but make your own. Buy some protein powder to add for extra satiety.

Another good thing is pre-making meals and bringing them with you.
  • ryanlleusby
    Options
    Not a bad idea making my own! I don't see my self pre- making meals though lol
  • jkwolly
    Options
    You can only be as accountable as you want to be.

Think long term choices - not yo-yo, hard to follow, restricted plans.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

Pick a day and make all your meals for the week. It makes life so much easier. Much cheaper than paying for meal replacements.
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options
    Save your money and eat real food.
  • Zx14chick
    Zx14chick Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Honestly, Body by Vi isn't any better than anything else. Look at their reps. Have they lost weight? NO!

Sorry, I don't mean to be rude, but you are asking for opinions.
  • kmorales_4
    kmorales_4 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    My friend tried it and she lost some weight so she gave me a sample and taste wise it is good however they are not filling at all. A well balanced diet is the way nature intended. If you want to replace a meal, a homemade smoothie would be your best bet.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Nope.

We are all busy, you just have to make cooking foods a priority. There are a lot of quick foods that aren't snake oil that you can eat in a hurry.

Nothing wrong with a protein shake every now and then, but there is absolutely no reason why you can't make your own whey shakes for a lot less than BBV (or any other MLM scheme's shakes).
  • cfischer81
    cfischer81 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I have some of the shakes in a pinch and they are decent. I would say look on ebay or something if you really want to get some though! Don't pay rep prices! I wouldn't worry too much about what other people think. Yeah, it'd be great if we were all perfect all the time but life gets in the way sometimes. Some people work 60 hours a week, plus other responsibilities, plus spend half or most of the weekend working. Plus no one (at work or where ever) F-ing cares if they don't even have enough time to take a 10 min lunch break. Right?
  • kozinskey
    kozinskey Posts: 176 Member
    Options

Trust me, it's worth it! If you're making dinner one night, make double and portion it up so you have a lunch the next day. If I'm cooking something like rice, I'll cook way too much and then put 1-cup servings in tupperwares so I can top it with other things throughout the week. Crockpot soups are also a lifesaver. With a little bit of planning, you can save a lot of money and eat much healthier than any commercial diet product can provide.
  • getstrongkaylen
    getstrongkaylen Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    i tried it.. lost weight.. it didnt stick though.. you gotta learn how to eat healthfully and this is a long term solution!
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I pre-make all of my meals. The crockpot is my friend and I could not live without it. I will make soup or something like that on Sundays and the portion it out and then freeze part of it.

I really don't buy into any of those shake things. I think you could see short term results but then when you start eating real food you will gain it right back again. I think they are hooey.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options

What's wrong with your nutrition?

• jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    hi! so for a different perspective i do one meal replacement shake per day. not everyday but almost. not body by vi ( too expensive) i do idealshape. im not very hungry in the mornings so i make one for breakfast which is also really busy for my trying to get kids out the door. this isn't for everyone. i often add fruit and a few other healthy add ins to change it up. do what works for u long term. for me this works.
  • tflyswagg
    tflyswagg Posts: 52 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I do have a good answer for that. I work long hours and I really sometimes don't get a chance to eat 6+ hours at a time. I'm getting headaches and when I finally get a chance to eat usually 7-8pm at night I'm cranky and I over do it and then go to bed. I thought I could sip on a shake and prevent the dizzy headache feelings.... Just a thought but not an expert by far lol
    How much water do you drink? My guess is you are dehydrated