Help Me Stop My 3/4 Meltdown! :)

Options
Hi Folks! I am 38 years old and have almost 150 lbs. to lose. I am great at starting healthy eating programs, and can achieve great success for the first few months. However, I have a pattern of melting down around 3/4 of the way to my weight loss goal. For whatever reason, I start to get discouraged, lazy, or even overconfident, and then I slowly start creeping back to my old habits, packing the pounds back on. I tend to lose weight fairly quickly, so I think it really gets me down when I struggle or plateau, and I am trying to overcome that pattern. I have a wonderful, sensible plan from my dietician, and I have become addicted to the effects that kundalini yoga has had on my body and mind, so everything is in place. I just need supportive, positive peeps to lean on when the going gets rough, especially in several months when IT GETS REAL, lol! I love reading, pop culture, cooking, hiking and the outdoors, film, and am a spiritual, but not religious, person. Friend me if you are willing to share my journey. We can lean on each other when the road seems too long :smiley:

Replies

• futuremanda
    futuremanda Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I would love to be your friend! I am in a situation right now where I may or may not be able to progress in my weight loss goal (that I had and was very successfully working on for over a year before my situation changed). So I wasn't trying, because I didn't want the stress of it. I was keeping up with fitness, until I wasn't.

I started back up near the beginning of this year with my fitness and immediately remembered how important it is for me on every level. I realized it is non-optional for me. Made my plans and now I have a daily routine that I look forward to very much!

And it inspired me to get back into working on food, within the boundaries and limits that I have right now. Every day, I'm committing to seeing this through whether I ever see any results with my eyes, ever, or not. Maybe I am helping my nutrition, maybe I'm slowing or preventing more weight gain, maybe I will only ever have invisible benefits (until my situation changes). Or maybe I'll surprise myself! Don't care, doing it anyway.

We can be "this is an awesome choice that I am forever making no matter what the scale says" buddies. We are tough. We will persist.
  • timeforsue
    Options
    I totally understand how you feel and it's avicious cycle and hard to break. I have been on MFP for a few months and started doing good and just didn't bother. My dr just put me on a low dose blood pressure med so I hope this will be what I need to keep me going. I log in every day and check my blood pressure (I want off the pills)

I am on every day so I can give you a cheer or if you just need to vent the frusterations we all seem to go through.

Feel free to add me to your friends list.
  • SojournerYouth
    SojournerYouth Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Excellent! I am really glad to meet you guys. I know that most of my success in life has come form the support of other key people, so I am very glad to have you in my tribe :)