Ladies, your favourite workout shoes?

Options
stukupuku
stukupuku Posts: 10
edited February 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi,

Wondering what shoes are your favourites to wear for your workouts? (especially aerobics & jogging)

I usually wear my pair of Nike Free Run 5.0 for both aerobics and jogging but I feel I need to try some new ones.

Thanks for suggestions!

Replies

• lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    It depends what I'm doing...

I lift in my socks or slippers. Used to lift in Converse low-tops when I went to a commercial gym.

I run in Saucony Guides and now Karhu Strongs.
    Yoga is barefoot.

I don't do classes but when I took Krav, I used a pair of Fila crosstrainers
  • leslieschoenle
    leslieschoenle Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Asics all the way! :D On pair two in 3 years... I'm a heel runner and the support that they have is AMAZING! And they don't wear down like others that I've tried. Also try googling (because I can't remember the site) a site that you can input how you run and it suggests the shoes for you. That's what I used when I started :) Good luck.
  • debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I love my Saucony running shoes they are great and fit my feet just right. I am wider in the toe box and narrow through the heel causing me to feel like I am always slipping out of my shoe, a feeling that I HATE! I also like Skecher Go Walks for walking or strength training and Avia to wear just around. The best thing is go somewhere that can fit you for shoes and seeing what works best for you.
  • runmama411
    runmama411 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Newton Running or Brooks PureFlows
  • BraveNewdGirl
    BraveNewdGirl Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Seconding Saucony! I have no arches whatsoever and they don't hurt my feet, which is rare. A little arch support is awesome. Too much arch support is agony. These have just the right amount of give!
  • JessRaddatz
    JessRaddatz Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I love my Brooks Adrenalin running shoes. I also have a pair of New Balance that are good for walking.
  • liztarv
    liztarv Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of Under Armour shoes I love for cardio. Brooks are really good too.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Asics GT-1000 for running. Socks/barefoot for lifting at home and then Chucks if I go to the gym.

If you are going to run, I recommend going to a running store to be evaluated in order to determine which shoes are best.
  • darkbluex3
    darkbluex3 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have Brooks Ravenna 5s that I wear for running and I looove them. Prior to that I was running in the Saucony Guides (I tried both the 4 and the 7 and really liked them!).
  • harpere87
    harpere87 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I have been running in New Balances, which I love, but now that I got my tax refund I might be buying some Brooks because they felt like running on clouds. I only use my running shoes for running.
    I wear Ryka or Reebok for Jazzercise or other indoor cardio type classes/workouts.
  • Shanairah1991
    Shanairah1991 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I love vibram fivefingers! I find my toes go numb in other runners, whereas they dont with vibrams, and I enjoy feeling barefooted. Plus I don't have to worry about packing socks in my gym bag!
  • lemon629
    lemon629 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    For Zumba and other cardio classes I like my New Balance WX867 shoes.
    I also have a pair of Ryka Transition shoes for cardio classes, but I needed to add an insole.

For running I wear Asics GT-2000s. I also like the Asics Gel Kayano shoes.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    I use Reebok Nano 4.0 crossfit shoes for lifting and a basic Reebok running shoe for cardio days.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    Right now I am rotating between about six pair of New Balance depending on my activity. They range from minimalist to a regular sole. I like them a lot. Before that I had a pair of Inov8s which I liked as far as minimalist shoes go.
  • Lissa_Kaye
    Lissa_Kaye Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Love my Brooks, will definitely buy them when these wear out.
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    converse chucks for lifting, and i'm currently wearing these ugly orange and blue asics for the rest. i like brooks, also.
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I lift barefoot and love the Brooks brand for running shoes.
  • winterthighs
    winterthighs Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Definitely for me, my Reebok Skyscape when I feel like running or squatting/stretching. :smile:
  • Jwildeboer
    Jwildeboer Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Obviously I'm not a lady, but I saw you mentioned the Nike Free 5.0's. I run lift, etc in the same shoe and think they are great! Why switch? Just kidding, I know what it's like to want to try something new. Good luck in your search!
  • Chrissy_1516
    Chrissy_1516 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I love my asics. I have the asics nimbus and I have found it to be the best running shoe for me.