Looking for support/tips/motivation

Options
I'm a mother of two I just recently had my little girl 4 months ago I want to be 165 by October I'm 211 right now any tips?

Replies

• Junestorm88
    Junestorm88 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Sure I have plenty of tips that have worked for me and still do.

1.) You have to eat and you have to do it healthy!

People tend to think that by not eating anything that they'll lose the weight. Sure you'll see the scale go down but it won't be in a good way. The body needs energy in order for it to survive and if your not supplying this energy by food intake then its going to take it from whatever any other place it can get it from which are your muscles. You'll notice this from feeling tired, sore or weak through out the day without having really done any activities.

Also when you do finally decided to eat after going a long period of not doing so you'll actually put on more weight. This is what I call rebound pounds because your body has just went through starve mode and it doesn't know when its going to get its next meal. People need a certain amount of body fat in order to keep our organs warm and protected inside our bodies. In order to keep this from happening normal regular eating patterns are number one key.

2.) Try to not eat the majority of your calories in one setting.

Spread your calories evenly throughout the day because the bigger the meal the harder your body has to work to break the food down and can cause bloating in the stomach. Give your body at least 2 to 3 hours to digest your meals.

3.) Are there any unnecessary calories in your diet?

A good amount of a persons daily calorie intake usually comes from what they drink such as soda or fruit juices that are high in sugar. People tend to over indulge in this without realizing it and can add up very quickly. Try to stick to water, tea, or milk and eat the actual fruit which is full of fiber and hasn't been removed. I realized by just getting rid of the soda alone I was able to lose my first 10 pounds.

4.) Don't over exercise, know your limits.

The average adult only needs 30 to 60 minutes a day of exercise. You don't have to exercise for hours in order to feel like you've achieved something because the best results happen when your bodies at rest and you allow it to heal after an intense workout. Your body won't be able to do that if your constantly running it into the ground.

5.) Weight lifting is your friend! Or even using your own body weight!

Cardio helps you lose the fat, but it doesn't tighten up the body so 2 to 3 times of strength training a week should help.

• msglz89
    Options
    Thank you . I am trying herbalife the lady told me I can only eat 1200 calories according to this app I have to eat more calories how do I go about that?
  • Junestorm88
    Junestorm88 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    That calorie count sounds very low for a woman who just had a baby and two more to run after. Was this a real woman you were talking to? Also with this app did it have a choice of what your activity level throughout the day was? People usually pick sedentary thinking that would get them closer to their goal for fast results. You could try 1200 calories because that's the minimum of how low a woman should eat, but if your still feeling hungry at the end of the day than that's your body saying that it needs more. There's two websites that I love to go to which is...

(http://www.caloriecount.com/tool/calories-goal) to know my calorie intake.

(http://www.fitwatch.com/calculator/calories-per-meal) to separate my calorie count into even meals. I think this one answers your question more.

Well I hope this helps and thanks for adding me!
  • melduf
    melduf Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Don't put too much pressure on yourself!! Especially if you're breastfeeding.
    Within 3 months of giving birth I was 5 lbs under my befrore pregnancy weight. It is doable! BUT! My measurements took almost a year to catch up!! Pregnancy hormones change our bodies, like rib cage and hips width. Be patient, eat healthy, exercise every day. You will get there!
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    msglz89 wrote: »
    Thank you . I am trying herbalife the lady told me I can only eat 1200 calories according to this app I have to eat more calories how do I go about that?

Tip: you don't need Herbalife. It has the same calories in it as regular food, which tastes better.
  • msglz89
    Options
    Thank you guys
  • msglz89
    Options
    Yes its an actual lady the app says I should consume 1350 calories