Starting over again

Options
I can't believe I let myself get back up to 186, I am heavier this time then the last time I lost weight. I got to get it through my head that I have to do something about this and I got to stick with it. I am upset with myself!! :'(

Replies

• christadoud
    christadoud Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat! I lost 20 and then gained it all back and then some. Remind yourself that it is a journey- we are both back on the right track !
  • bearinthebigbluehouse
    Options
    TY! I want to get back to the Y and get back into my old spinning class, that helped me a lot and I saw great results. I am embarrassed to go back with all of my weight. Plus the Y is expensive and my husband thinks it not worth it but I do. I tired 24 hour fitness and I didn't like it. To crowded, classes were full. My Y is smaller and their are a lot of older people which I love.
  • christadoud
    christadoud Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have been doing some Jillian Michaels DVD's, and they are very good (but some of her moves are insanely hard), and walking. I will start running again outside when the weather gets better. I am lucky to have an inexpensive health club close by so that I can use the track there to walk. Does the Y have a tiered membership fee based on income? I think our Y does .
  • bearinthebigbluehouse
    Options
    They do but we don't qualify. My husbands old job we did. I love exercise classes and they motivate me more. I have a lot of exercise DVDs and they are collecting dust.
  • CarpeVitam
    CarpeVitam Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm starting up again too. It's so easy to slip up and get back into old habits.
  • Marlene1667
    Marlene1667 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I am staring again too. Also very disappointed in myself. Logging on MFP is essential for me. It's when I stopped that I slid. Going to keep going until I reach my goal - 70lbs and then maintain for a year, at least. I would love some friends to keep me motivated and I will motivate you too.
  • CarpeVitam
    CarpeVitam Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That's great! My goal is 75lbs, I'd love to work together with some people. I actually never tried to meet people and get support like this before. I'm hoping getting friends to support and be supported by will have an impact.
  • runfoorun
    runfoorun Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you. Stay active in general. Go out for walks, hikes n such. I do about 30 min of my exercise in the gym. The rest is outdoors. There are plenty of meetup groups out there to do yoga, run, hike etc. for support.