Best Diet for People Already at HealthyWeight who wanna lose?

Options
tigerlily8899
tigerlily8899 Posts: 12
edited February 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
So i know I'm already healtlhy at 5'0 and 106pounds, being 24yrsold.

But, problem is i am unhappy with my lower body and feel being 85pounds or at least more leaner would be ideal.

Since realizing i got chubby at 120 pounds i lost around 15 pounds in 3 months by eating healthy and exercising( i did my first diet ever The 17 Day Diet- i always was skinny, but sometimes a little chubby.

I started reading Atkins and was thinking about doing that. But, then i know about good carbs help you lose weight. So Im just soooooo fed up. For two years Ive been trying to push by 105 pounds or at least get tone legs and thighs. IM SO FED UP AND SICK OF MYSELF. Im young and Im healthy- i eat well. Only times i dont follow healthy diet is holiday time and my birthday month. But, other then that i do good- but my body isnt transformed.

Also, i know Im healthy and not overweight, but i try so hard to be healthy and follow "healthy eating plans, and exercise alot. But, in the end my stupid thighs haven't changed.

So anyone out there who didn't have much to lose have a diet they recommend????
thank you.

Replies

• tigerlily8899
    Options
    I'd like to point out i asked for a healthy diet recommendation.
    There's a big difference between someone who has a ED who eats nothing and someone who is eating healthy and exercising, but is fed up for not seeing the results they want- when they hit a plateau.

Also- I'm really short . When I was at 19- i was 95llbs i think and my legs/thighs were much slender. So, 85 on a person who is 4'11-5'1 isnt going to make them look like a sickly anorexic.

I just want to lose a bit of weight and be toned and healthy.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    85 on a person 5'0 is a BMI of 16 - a full 2.5 BMI points under healthy.

If you're unhappy with your body and at a healthy weight, you might want to look at recomposition rather than further weight loss, especially if you're looking for 'toned'.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Your goal is to be 85lbs or less. Your goal is to be underweight and unhealthy for your height.

Go lift heavy weights at the gym while eating at maintenance for a while. After 4-5 months, switch to a slight caloric surplus and put on some actual muscle outside of the minor newbie gains you'll have gained. Then after another 4-5 months, go on a slight caloric deficit to lose a bit of body fat. Lift heavy weights during each cycle. Repeat this entire cycle every year until lifting weights bores you or you are physically unable to do it.

You wanting to be underweight is not healthy, regardless of your justifications. Hopefully you will not receive support from other users on this website for this goal of yours. And chances are you are imagining that you look flabbier than you do.
  • tigerlily8899
    Options
    okay maybe 85 isn't smart;-)( maybe 95 is healthier?, i calculated bmi and it says it healthier), by rather i just want to be tone and lose fat.

I make healthy unprocessed foods, eat lean meats, lately im off grains and dairy.
    I've started doing Brazilian Butt Lift workout program.

But, what i like is a workout/diet plan someone would recommend who's has been in the same area of me of eating healthy/exercising, but not seeing improvements in their body.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    okay maybe 85 isn't smart;-)( maybe 95 is healthier?, i calculated bmi and it says it healthier), by rather i just want to be tone and lose fat.

I make healthy unprocessed foods, eat lean meats, lately im off grains and dairy.
    I've started doing Brazilian Butt Lift workout program.

But, what i like is a workout/diet plan someone would recommend who's has been in the same area of me of eating healthy/exercising, but not seeing improvements in their body.

MrM27 wrote: »
    Not a good idea at all.

This.

And also
    ana3067 wrote: »
    Go lift heavy weights at the gym while eating at maintenance for a while. After 4-5 months, switch to a slight caloric surplus and put on some actual muscle outside of the minor newbie gains you'll have gained. Then after another 4-5 months, go on a slight caloric deficit to lose a bit of body fat. Lift heavy weights during each cycle. Repeat this entire cycle every year until lifting weights bores you or you are physically unable to do it.

Eat whatever food you want.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    If you aren't happy with how your body looks at your weight, it's not the weight you need to change, it's the composition. You should be less concerned about the number on the scale at this point, and find a strength training program that will help you get the body you want. There are many women on this site who have gone down in clothing size, and got tighter looking bodies, while their weight stayed the same or even went up.

(At the end of the day, no one but you will know what number is on the scale)

If you have access to weights, look into weight lifting ("New Rules of Lifting for Women" is a popular program, for example, but there are others).

If you do not have access to weights, look for the book "Body By You". It's body-weight strngth training. It can help you get the results you want, without buying any equipment. But note - you will see faster results with lifting weights.
  • tigerlily8899
    Options
    Thank you
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    At your current low weight it may be that you done have a lot of excess fat to lose...get an accurate body fat % measure taken first and determine your goals from there, but they should likely be recomp.