How long did it take you to lose 40-50 lbs? Please share some tips. Thank you!!!

Options
Much appreciated!

Replies

• jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    10 or 11 months, if I remember correctly.
  • Spnneil06
    Spnneil06 Posts: 18,745 Member
    Options
    i'm at 10 months now, my ticker says 46 but it's actually more around 55, Still have a bit more I need to do! I just watched what I eat and get more active!
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,832 Member
    Options
    Took me just over 6 mos to lose 42 lbs.
    I stopped starving myself and started eating healthy meals and snacks throughout the day including lots of Proteins, Vegetables and healthy Vegan shakes. limit 1200 cals.

100oz water a day

Hot Green tea several times a day,
    3- 400 mg Green Coffee Bean extract (50% Chlorogenic Acid)
    1- Cinnamon Extract
    2- Cayenne pepper Extract (These all help with speeding up metabolism)

Cannot do Cardio due to heart issues but do 60 min of Calisthenics and floor work every night before bed. and walk min 5mi at least 5 days per week.

This worked for me! GOOD LUCK!!!
    You've got this Girl! :grinning:
  • Iscah13
    Iscah13 Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I think it took me close to a year to lose 40sh and be at my goal weight. I switch up everything I do. Tennis, home workouts, the gym, biking....I get bored easy :p
  • cuckoo_jenibeth
    cuckoo_jenibeth Posts: 1,434 Member
    Options
    I lost 50 in 6 months, but 60 in 8....getting tougher the closer I get!
  • Yogi_warrior
    Yogi_warrior Posts: 5,464 Member
    Options
    Depends on how close you are to the goal. If you have 100 or more pounds, I have seen some lose that much in 4-5 months. I had around 48 lbs to lose, I lost 30 in 3 months and the other 18 took me another 3 months.
  • Everyotherday
    Everyotherday Posts: 237 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I was losing a good 3-4 pounds a week for several weeks at the start
    but it took me around 5-6 months to lose 50 pounds. I have now lost a total of ~110 more focused on toning and losing Fat% than weight now.
    Although I doubt I will even be satisfied - I will still continue.
  • trina1049
    trina1049 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I'm down 42.5lbs out of 50. It's taken over a year, but I'm old -- 65 so, you know. The weight loss is slowing down now, but however long it takes it takes. Made sure to eat enough calories to fuel my workouts.
  • milkydud85
    milkydud85 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    so it seems like if you really put you back in it you can loose about 10ls each month nice to know
  • Everyotherday
    Everyotherday Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    @milkydud85, that's not necessarily true - only time I lost that amount of weight was when I was 330 pounds - depends totally on the person.
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Took me 2 years to lose the first 45, 6 months to lose the second 45, working on my 3rd 45 now. I am down 11 pounds in 8 weeks so I think this one will take longer. I am hoping I can get it off by the end of the year.
  • milkydud85
    milkydud85 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    cool that is awesome @everyotherday... i just want to say congratulations to you and everyone else on here
  • inchwormbyinchworm
    inchwormbyinchworm Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    The first 35-39 pounds took 8 months. Then I hit a three month plateau, and am almost at another 10 lbs lost, 2 months post-plateau. I had a lot of NSV (non scale victories) at the gym during my plateau. So ... 45+ weight loss in 13 months :blush:
  • strozman
    strozman Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    I did a 7 days a week lifting (one body part per day) combined with 3 days a week fat burn cardio 45min-1hr (HR target) and 3 days a week HIIT cardio 20-30min combined with less than 20carbs a day to drop 25lbs in 5 weeks. I was cutting with a friend (just to see if I could) who was competing. Lost muscle mass, and what little fat I had
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    It took me 8 months to lose 50 lbs on a 1500 cal diet with about 30 min exercise per day. That was going from 210-160lbs
  • lgramberg15
    lgramberg15 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    ^^^ how did you stick to a 1500 calorie diet? I'm trying to lose about 30 pounds and I burn around 500-600 calories a day and cannot keep my calorie count under 2000! So hard
  • winf
    winf Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    1500 net calories should work. If its not working add more cardio to burn a couple hundred more callories. Just remember, you can run 2 miles or just not eat 2 slices of bread. Which one is easier? I eat a lot too. When I was actively losing I would go to the gym and stay on the elliptical until it said I burned 1000 calories, however long it took. The harder I went the faster I got to go home. I would watch Netflix on my phone while I was doing it. No I do cardio after my weights to atone for all the twinkies and other bullcrap I eat.
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Truth is I rarely workout hard. I work out everyday but its mostly walking witb some light jogging. I weight lift twice a week. This is maintainable which is what I needed. Ive kept it off for two years ( plus had a baby in between ) and am now focusing on losing the last 20lbs.